“Spacious and Comfy”

Savana Hotel & Convention
Ranked #54 of 60 Hotels in Malang
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We booked a deluxe room, which was quite spacious and clean. The concierge and other hotel staff were very polite, friendly and helpful too. The hotel is located right next to an upscale karaoke place if you ever needed some singing practices, and there's a small convenient store nearby.

It's a bit far from the heart of Malang. We previously stayed at a guest house near the Cathedral in Ijen street, where there are so many great restaurants and cafes within walking distance. It's a bit of a struggle to find food near Savana Hotel. There's a Chinese food place next to the hotel, but the food is just okay. Not so good compared to other Chinese food restaurants we've been to in Malang. The Chinese food across the street from the hotel is also not recommended because it's smelly and not so clean. If you're willing to walk just a bit further from Santika Hotel, you will find Gang Djangkrik, a well-known Chinese restaurant which serves pork and other variety of Chinese food. There's also Pizza Hut, Bakso Cak Man (meatball soup) and Hot Cwi Mie (noodles), but it's quite a far walk. The nearest decent food place is Simpang Luwe, a sort of food court which is located about five minutes walk from the hotel (turn left after you exit the hotel). Not that the food at the hotel is bad. It's good! The Western food is actually very good, especially the rosti. However, it's not available until after 6 pm, the time when their rooftop restaurant is open. The buffet breakfast at the hotel is also quite good.

There's a small indoor pool, which is perfect for children to really enjoy their stay. The hotel also provides free WiFi, but unfortunately the internet connection was very slow.

The only problem we encountered during our stay was the renovation. The hotel was very noisy and dusty that my husband had to ask to be moved to a quieter place TWICE. The hotel staff was being incredibly helpful, though. They responded very quickly.

Overall, it's a great place to stay. Just make sure there's no renovation going on during your stay ;-)

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with pool view. Those are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Savana Hotel M, General Manager at Savana Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Summer1026,

“Warmest Greetings from SAVANA Hotel & Convention”

We thank you for such high praises, and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. On behalf of the entire Savana Hotel & Convention team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel.
We did apologize for your inconvenience during your stay due to noisy & dusty of hotel renovation. Actually we develop our hotel in order to keep giving our best service to our valued guests.

Please contact us directly if we can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again.

With highest regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

2 days meeting in this hotel, was perfect. Hotel very clean , small room but okay for me and all my team members.

Breakfast was okay, with some selections also coffee break during meeting.

2 thumbs up to pak Bambang for warm welcome and provide me perfect meeting room . Very friendly director and helpful person.

My meeting was perfect with his hospitality, thk u so much.

I will be back next year

• Stayed: May 2014
Savana Hotel M, General Manager at Savana Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Jeremi2210,

“Warmest Greeting from SAVANA Hotel & Convention”

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to give the feedback. We are very honored to give you our best service.
We are delighted with your exceptional comments.
However, we are looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
I will share your comment not just to Mr. Bambang as Director Sales & Marketing, but also to all the staffs; sure, they will be more motivated to serve the guests from their heart.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I Love This Hotel whenever I am staying overnight in Malang with my family. The size is quite big and it is very clean. I love the fact they have small indoor pool so that my daughters will be able to swim.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Savana Hotel M, General Manager at Savana Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Vienna L,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to give the feedback.
We honored with your outstanding comments. I will share your comment to my staffs; sure, they will be more motivated to serve the guests from their heart.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stay 2 nights for meeting, sales director , fb staff very helpfull and friendly.
Room clean and comfort, swimming pool small but cozy.

Breakfast okay, taste and presentation very good.

Recommended for your trip in Malang.

Room Tip: Pool view and street view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sophie L
Savana Hotel M, General Manager at Savana Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Sophie L,

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

The room was neat, nice, tidy and comfortable. The food was okay, the pool was amazing. The service was excellent from the front desk to the room service. The only thing that annoy me was the lobby, it was hot and too noisy. And am I the only one that think the design of the hotel is a bit odd?

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jeffry Haryanto,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to give the feedback.
We also apologize for any inconveniences caused when you were at lobby.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I would have rated 5 star if it was not the noise i could hear from the corridor. I travelled with a baby who cried at midnight, i worried that i might disturb other guests. Other than that, the room was nice, service was excellent, the food was delicious. We really felt at home :) oh.. and i do love the Afterfive

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Rossie L,

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I am sitting here inside my room in Savana Hotel right now and there has been a song and dance racket outside since 8am. This is on a weekend morning where you'd think they would give their guests some peace and quiet. I really, really wanted to sleep in today. I can forgive the noises from the railway right outside my room because, hey, there's nothing they can do about that. But the people singing at the lobby so early in the morning is unacceptable.

That being said, the rooms are really modern and spacious. But I won't be coming back here anyway.

Room Tip: Maybe on higher floors so you'll be away from the lobby and train
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank carlo001001
Savana Hotel M, General Manager at Savana Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Mr. Carlo001001,

“Warmest Greetings from SAVANA Hotel & Convention”

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to give the review.
I have well noted the issue you have written regarding the noise during your stay; therefore please accept my personal apologies for you bothered by the noise in that morning. We definitely would concern about this.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.