“Nice hotel with expensive add ons”

Quest Hotel Semarang
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Semarang
England
“Nice hotel with expensive add ons”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We are family of four, stayed here for few days in March 2014. The room (and hotel overall) were spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast selection was nice but the coffee was not nice. Pool was also clean and nice. The staff were very polite and helpful. Location is good, near Chinatown and central.
I wanted to borrow an iron (my clothes were crumpled from the luggage), but the staff said its not allowed. They said I must use the pressing/laundry service if I want neatly ironed clothes! Its ridiculous! I often borrow iron from hotels and never have problem like this.
I also used the computer and printer at the hotel as I needed to print my boarding pass, so I must pay the computer/internet charge and printing fee. But it was quite expensive. I dont remember how much exactly, but it was around IDR25,000 for 20 mins and IDR5,000 per page. I think its quite expensive for Semarang. Also we had lunch at the restaurant in the hotel, the price was expensive but the food quality was average.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bogor, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed on this hotel because of my office reservation. First impression when I arrived at this hotel, simple and modern interior catch my eyes right away. And the best was its comfortable room with minimal concept where I got swimming pool view. Despite of cuisine taste fluctuate each day (one day was taste good and other day was taste plain), this hotel gave me a good experience to stay in Semarang. With additional of sightseeing service and update upcoming city event, this hotel gave me opportunity to evolve with its people. I also did not need to take a taxi to go to Simpang Lima Square and other great landmark and shopping mall in downtown because they were so near so I could walk for 5-10 minutes for it.
Best wishes for you and do not forget to improve your service quality, especially in cuisine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a week for my work trip and the location of the hotel was near to china town, so many temple and food, you just had to walk a bit...
The room was so big for 2 persons, the bathroom was so clean, i loved all the facilty. I got a free massage facilty and try it, even it was so so massage but when it was free why not you try? Hahahha....
The breakfast was good and i will be back to this hotel when i go to semarang again

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Solo, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

+: This hotel near to semarang china town. few minutes to pasar Semawis (Traditional china market). Room was okay and clean, air cond works well. Standart breakfast but it's ok, lot's of variety. Pool lil'bit small, and the internet good enough. Nice view from balcony (You need to ask balcony key from staff).
-: Staff is not well trained and very slow respon. I think they need to upgrade their hospitality.
Rust mark on bathtub (Room 531). litter in the drawer (looks like they never check the drawer).

Overall: Good value 3 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed there with my family weeks ago , and I found that this hotel was really a comfortable hotel to stay. The room was not big but clean, swimming pool was okay, although the hotel access was a bit confusing, but still could reach there.
A suggestion for Quest Hotel : the receptionist clerks needed to be re -trained about how to treat guests. There was no smile at all.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Walked in to this hotel in a road trip en route Bali so we stayed one night only. Check-in speed was okay, we arrived quite late and speedy check-in was what we needed. The room is okay got everything we need. But the corridor looks awful with stains on the walls etc.

Breakfast was okay but nothing special about it. Parking was rather difficult since the hotel was full that day. It was the good value that brought us in, but nothing special for the rest.

I would consider to come back if i need to stay around Chinatown with good value.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Fandy L
Tegal, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This Hotel position is a litle bit hard to find, but is really in the heart of Chinatown in Semarang. Many Temple surround the hotel and only a walk away. You can also find many food surround the Hotel. the breakfast was good, and the room is not really big but enough. But one of the my friend room is really dirty and have many bugs. So if you go to this hotel, make sure your room is no bugs .

Room Tip: choose any room with NObugs