“My Favourite Hotel in Solo”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lorin Solo Hotel

Lorin Solo Hotel
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Solo
Tangerang, Indonesia
“My Favourite Hotel in Solo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Cheap rate for a resort, but I’ve got one bedroom and one spacious guest room. Staff at the front office was a little bit slow, but I enjoyed here. This hotel is my favourite hotel in Solo so far, even though is kinda old.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

The first thing that struck me was the musty odour when I entered the room. I had to leave the balcony door open the whole day to get rid of the smell.
Secondly, the air-conditioner was set at 24 degrees Celsius and could not be lowered-this was adequate during the current rainy season but may not be cool enough on a hot day.
Thirdly, the water from the bathroom tap and shower was stained black on my last day.
This hotel needs a major refurbishment.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ibnibatutta

Travellers are raving about these Solo hotels

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

my husband, my son and I are staying at Lor In Solo when I write this comment... we are in family trip for a family reason in Solo and chosen to stay here out of the 2 other options simply because I went to their site and found out that there's a kids' spa/treatment - so the three of us could have a relaxing moment together without having the hassle of putting the kid into a kids club or hiring a nanny or such… we booked through Agoda.
we arrived to an empty lobby – very late check at 5am the next morning, in since we were caught in traffic in several areas from Puncak Bogor to Solo – there was only receptionist and no bellman. Perhaps it is normal due to the arrival time however, we expected a 5star property would have a standby bellman at any time… but we were thankful to Sartono the bellman who turned out to be a great guy, thank you pak Tono! However, we were quite surprised when we arrived in our room 5108 – there are (still) 2 leakages (1 in bathroom + 1 in bedroom alley), the aircon is (still) noisy, the water is (still) not hot at all, and the locks to the doors (both front & back) were not working properly… well, since we were so exhausted (my husband & I were driving in turns for hours) all we wanted to do was to get a good sleep and changing room would cost an extra delay to the sleep… there’s no in-room dining menu anywhere in the room – there’s even no guest service directory available… but the response was quick from the in-room dining staffs so it was OK and they also helped us in contacting the engineering team. Our breakfast & engineering staff came quick, he showed us the “trick” on locking the doors, checked the leaks (he said that there’s a condensation) and he fixed the hot water… it was working that morning but when we woke up 5 hours later, it went back to cold…!! We had to turned off the aircon anyway since it was still noisy when we tried to sleep…
anyway, the day started to get better… our lunch at Sasono Bujono resto was a success – my husband ordered a tongseng kambing and it was very delicious and soft! Bravo! Two thumbs up also for Giovina and Hendra, who had made my son’s day a happy day  while waiting at the LC Lounge in the afternoon, my son & I also thanked Unik who had been my son’s “chocolate angel” today… but please do something with the army of mosquitos… ouch!!! You may want to change the plants to kayu putih or lavender or geranium, seriously !!! and we finally get to enjoyed the family spa treatments yay! The three of us had a wonderful 1.5hours bliss together – thanks to Lia and her spa ladies! Your brilliant idea on having a kids’ spa facility is a success !!! but perhaps you may want to change the song played during the treatment – sorry, we did not enjoy the gamelan during a relaxing moment… but overall, it was a wonderful experience! And thank you to the hot water you have in the spa – we finally had a hot shower after treatment!
To the management, you have a priceless human resources, but we think you need to improve the property quality – we have been informed that there’s a renovation in place for the building so we hope, when we return (soon I hope!) we would see the “new and better” Lor In Solo…

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank eoneiwan
Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

First time check in was smooth.
Everything was great.
My room was huge and the Housekeeping clean it everyday.

The breakfast was amazing.
A lot of choices.

the environment inside the hotel was amazing also.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at Lor in Solo during our family vacation on early November 2013. I didn't expect too much, as the rate is really affordable for a resort. And thank God, i made a right decision.

Good things :
Lor In resort is really huge, they had a beautiful garden, large swimming pool, fitness center, restaurant, coffee shop and spa. We booked the executive room with balcony, not far from lobby and restaurant. Though the location wasn't close to main of Solo's attractions, it's not a big problem since Solo is a small city. My parents enjoyed their relax time here.The staffs was very helpful and fast response.

Bad things :
I don't like their breakfast here. The variety was okay, but they had no taste. I also found fungus on my bread. Need improvement.

For another trip to Solo, we absolutely will come back to this hotel. Recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed in the resort for 1 night and it was a pretty average experience.

The lobby was grand and welcoming, with a cultural performance along the driveway at night. However, wifi access was patchy. My room was on the smaller side, and faced the construction site of the new wing. It was reasonably clean, but the furniture was old and wardrobe space almost non existent. There were many mosquitoes in the room, probably due to the stagnant water around the property. Construction for the new wing continued throughout the night, and the thin windows did not do much to filter out the noise. My room was also a long trek to the lobby.

On the other hand, the staff were all very kind and obliging, and always had a ready smile for the guests. Most spoke excellent English, and were very ready to help. Breakfast consisted of a relatively decent spread.

The hotel is not located in the centre of Solo, but it was a short drive to the airport. Perfect for my morning flight.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I only stayed for one day at the Lor In, nut I enjoyed it very much. The resort is nog in the city center, hut there are good food opportunities nearby. The resort is spacius, Sith good swimming pool, gardens, and Nice rooms. The room is spacious, with a wooden floor and kolonial details. A big bed where I slept very well. And a good breakfast with a lot of different choices of voor and drinks. In my opinion the best hotel I stayed in on Java.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo