“Need Renovation”

Kusuma Sahid Prince Hotel
Ranked #33 of 62 Hotels in Solo
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The furnitures really aging and need to replace. Its not match with the 5 stars hotel. When I came, the swimming pool water look green and dirty. Anyway, the hotel location was great and easy to reach.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I agree with other's review that this hotel needs renovation. It's too bad they didn't maintain the buiding to be a nice and clean classic hotel. Actually my office offered other hotels with higher rates as options for my business trip but finally i selected Kusuma Sahid just because of the classic buiding that I saw from the picture. Well, it was a wrong decision, I regretted it, very much.
Noisy aircon, dirty bathroom, and they only have 1 electricity plug. The only nice thing was the breakfast, not best but at least they had traditional meals to taste which didn't taste bad.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Hi, this isn't really a review I am trying to find an email address for this hotel as I stayed here in 1993 (I think), I was working in Surakarta at the time and we stayed at this hotel for a period of about 5 weeks, whilst we were here there was a film crew in the hotel for a couple of nights making a movie and we were invited to be extras in the film. I am trying to find out the name of the film so I can prove to my kids that I am a film star (sort of). If anyone can help I would be so grateful.
P.S the hotel and all staff at the time were fantastic, lovely friendly atmosphere, a must in my book

Room Tip: all the lads who worked there had good rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We spent here three nights. Our travel agent paid for a superior but we upgraded to an executive room. The room had good air conditioning and was spacious but, frankly, pretty dirty. Worn-out, stains everywhere. Facilities ok and friendly staff - as everywhere in Java.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 June 2013

It was a little palace of a prince in Solo, but later was built into a hotel. The traditional Javanese atmosphere could be felt here: the architecture of the building, the food served in the restaurant, and the live gamelan show in the pendapa (porch) of the hotel. Varia snack shop, Klewer market, Royal Palace and some other places for tourists are within walking distance. The staff were friendly and helpful. I was waiting for a taxi to come when a staff member kindly offered complimentary transport to the station. I have stayed in this hotel twice and will be glad to stay there again for business trips.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2013

On my first trip to Solo, I managed to stay in this hotel..

Lovely place, really old time beauty.......

In general it is a nice place, though some improvement can be made..

The room is adequately enough, with complete amenities ....everything is running...
The food is good, for breakfast especially

The pool is there, waiting for those who like to plunge themselves in clear blue water..

The location is also very strategic as well..and i love the interior design...

The gardens are everywhere and some people are very

However, there is no elevator in my building (246)...the carpet needs refurbishing and some rooms are a bit dirty..

Hopefully they will be able to refurbish and renovate this hotel soon...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2013

spent 1 night in this hotel, and i dont think i will come back next time. didn't see the local hospitality and sincere smile in this hotel, rooms really need to renovate, found a cockroach during my stay, bathroom smelly and also not really clean, please the management look the towel not white anymore and brittle. is it 5 stars hotel? dont think so, its only an old hotel that need to renovate

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business