“a great hotell”

Ranked #22 of 130 Hotels in Surabaya
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“a great hotell”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

An immaculate, modern, friendly hotel. The room was a good size and clean, the bed was comfortable and clean. The aircon was efficient and silent The bathroom was modern and clean with a powerful, hot shower. Nice toiletries. The wifi worked well in our room. We moved rooms as the front rooms are overlooking a street night market and a very noisy mosque. We slept well in the side room.
There was a huge choice at the breakfast buffet, Western and Asian, even chocolate milk and jelly tots!
An easy listening duo, piano and singer perform early evening.
The restaurant food was tasty, a bit more expensive than an outside restaurant but there were no outside restaurants close by. (£6 Salmon, £4 Indonesian curry). It was a good half hour walk to the plaza if you want modern shops and food courts.
The staff were so friendly and attentive, always greeting us by name, they spoke very good English, although their left and right sometimes get muddled – beware if you ask for directions!
The taxis are cheap, the hotel rings them – we ‘Hit Dolly’ the red light district but it was dark and scary and we didn’t get out of the taxi (not like Amsterdam or Bangkok), We had high tea at the Famous 5*Majapahit Hotel, a beautiful building which was taken over in the war as a prison for Dutch woman and children, ask reception for the history pamphlet when you arrive. We took a taxi to the House of Sempoerna, a free musem and cigarette factory, they offer a free bus ride around the hot spots of the city. Ask Santika reception to book it for you. Surayaba is a huge city, the Santika is a good location, as you have to get a taxi to the sights anyway. We would recommend this hotel for your stay in Surabaya.

Room Tip: a side room is best as the rooms at the front are noisy from the mosque and street market at night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tina C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel is centrally located, but in a peaceful and quiet location. Service was good and the staff were friendly and very helpful. My bedroom was clean and cozy. Bathroom was also clean, with good amenities.

What I particularly like about Santika hotel is because they include local food in their menu and the food is good. As I didn't have time to go out, I was quite happy to eat in the hotel because the food was good and they had a wide range of selection.

I'd recommend visitors to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

A very comfortable hotel, good location, away from traffic. Walking distance to food court and pharmacy and some night markets. Pleasant staffs, except they do not have some facilities (iron & ironing board) in the room but I will definitely come back. Good breakfast spread!

Room Tip: higher floors has got good view of Surabaya town.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed 2 nights (Feb. 19,20, 2014). Hotel was clean, check in was fast and accurate. Staff were alert and professional at all times even when when I wasn't looking. Breakfast buffet very well presented with various chef stations. All staff made best efforts to interact with me to show me the stations and explain the food items. Security staff at porte cochere very polite and professional.Location to major malls only a short taxi ride away. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Surabaya.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights for a business trip so most important to me was accessible location, decent wifi, cleanliness and comfort. Got all that at Santika. Price was quite reasonable. Staff was willing to accommodate requests and I found the price for room service decent which was great when you get back at night after a tiring day. The massages on the top floor were nice too. Really strong water pressure was another perk.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel during the new year's eve. The front office officer was not friendly, and when we checked in, one of the rooms are not ready yet (we booked 4 rooms and have paid full one day before check in). turned out they are still repairing the door panel in that room and they can not give approximate time on when the job will be done. so we're left hanging around in the lobby without even offering us some welcome drink or else.
The rooms were clean, quite spacious but the Internet connection was such a wast since it was so terrible. the breakfast was good with various selection but the hotel don't really have a standard on children's age that got the extra charge. when i asked them the age limit for kids to have free breakfast, they said 6 yo. but my 5 yo nephew still get charged because he was "tall". really???
all and all, everything was just average. a bit disappointed actually.

Room Tip: ask for room facing the city, the view's fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MellaAnugrah
Mataram
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel, arrived in the late evening and actually super tired. Upon check in, receptionist said we were upgraded to Executive room, which made us happy. Well honestly I expect to have a bigger room, couch and living room. But in the fact, it was just ordinary room for me. Only bed and small couch, just like ordinary. The worst part is: bathroom. Once I saw it, I directly thinking that I was in hospital! Fortunately I always wake up early in the morning and having breakfast then go outside, so the renovation that they have on the above floor of our room wouldn't disturb us. The good part, breakfast was Ok, food delicious, service also nice. I lost my clothes and soap but they keep and send it to my address when I asked that. Overall, it wasn't a nice stay, but thanks God it's only 2 days. Location is good like in the central of town, a lot of street food which is so good. Nearby mall and main road.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple