“Good Food, Good For Family Gathering/Large Groups”
Review of Layar Seafood

Layar Seafood
Ranked #9 of 1,908 Restaurants in Surabaya
Cuisines: Chinese, Indonesian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Last night we had a farewell dinner for one of our expatriates who has finished his work contract in Surabaya. We were 15 people in long table, and ordered crabs, fish, prawn and some vegetables. Everybody enjoyed the food especially the crabs with various sauce. The most favorite is the one with salted eggs and black pepper.
The restaurant is crowded and quite noisy. It doesn't take long time for them to serve our food, but it takes a bit longer to serve our drinks.
It's a good place for family gathering or dinner with large groups with friends/colleagues. It's better to make a reservation in advance. I don't think it's a suitable place for a couple who need romantic atmosphere....

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Love the foods, especially asparagus crab soup, grill red snapper, salty egg fried shrimp and Padang sauce crab.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

No comment about the food it's just fantastic, it just when I get there it just very crowded so i asked one of the waiter about an empty table... but they just stared at me and leave me alone like that... So I waited for people that almost done with their meal. and the coolest thing is you can take as much as chilli as you like.

1  Thank Revenrev
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We used this restaurant everytime we have business dinner. The restaurant has modern design and quite fresh. The service was efficient, everything was managed in reasonably quick response. The food were also great. I like the kepiting telur asin so much. I never felt dissapponted trying all the food in the menu. If you want to have more private room, you could use the room on 2nd floor. Of course, minimum order will apply. The only problem with this restaurant was only the limited parking space.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Layar is my favorite seafood restaurant in surabaya.
My favorite are " kepiting telor asin" and "sapo tahu seafood"
Must try if visit surabaya

1  Thank FlemingC21