“No privacy, not quite pampering, but thoughtful service”
Review of Salirawangi Spa

Salirawangi Spa
Ranked #4 of 18 Spas & Wellness in Surabaya
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Salirawangi Spa We offer you a full package of treatment that will make your body feeling divinely pampered and relaxed.
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Had the 2.5 hour spa session (chocolate cinnamon) for 250,000 Rupiahs, consisting of:
(a) floral foot rinse (b) massage
(c) steam bath (d) scrub
(e) mask (f) ratus
(g) floral bath (h) herbal drink

The bulk of the treatment (massage, scrub, mask, ratus and bath) took place in a room with 3 beds side by side (with curtain partitions) and a bathtub and shower at the end.

Felt claustrophobic (each individual partitioned space was so narrow you basically had to clamber on from the foot of the bed), and there was a mosquito or two that gave me a couple of nasty stings. They should also have provided lockers for belongings.

The scrub and mask (which was supposed to be coffee-cinnamon) was also not as aromatic as those I've experienced elsewhere. I have no complaints about the massage techniques though.

The staff was polite and helpful, but little English is spoken. They very kindly volunteered to call for a taxi for me as I was about to leave.

7  Thank StanSG
There are newer reviews for Salirawangi Spa

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I went to this spa based on my friend's recomendation and also reviews from tripadvisor. But as soon as I got there,I saw what a horrible place to b called as a spa. The room for massage was dark,the towels used were old n falling apart,the worst part was the bathroom was soo filthy n gross. It didnt help me to relax nor freshened up after massage. Overall,i think its an awful place for a spa. I dun normally write reviews,but my experience made me to write one.

20  Thank Walter101111
Reviewed 10 May 2011

i decided to get some prewed treatment last week & i chosed the simplest prewed package which cost 600.000IDR. it includes body spa (massage, steam, scrub, mask, hot bath tub), hair spa, facial treatment, ratus, manicure & pedicure plus they'll give you a bottle of traditional herbal drink.
it placed in the first floor at the owner house. it opens 9am to 8pm. if lucky u'll meet the owner on the receptionist table. this lady will welcomed u very nicely.
overall, i enjoy my time alot. the staffs are nice & ready to help. the music is very relaxing. the massage is superb. but not very good on the manipedi job. thy didn't polish my nail thoroughly. but surely i'll come again for another spa & massage!

8  Thank herda28
Reviewed 12 June 2010

To make my story short, the spa service was great. However, you are not served in an individual room. It's a medium room with 3 beds and a bathing area. You will be hearing people talking, using hair dryer, water splashing in the bath tub etc while "enjoying" your spa service.

When I was using the body steam in a corner - I was wrapped inside the steam thingy where you can see my head but not the body, men actually walked past the corner while going from one room to another. I asked the staff whether they separate men and women room, she said yes. It's only the body steam corner that is not as it's like a common area where people walk past it in order to go to another room.

After the spa, I went on for my manipedi and it was really disappointing. They gave me a tray of nail colours to choose from but there wasn't many colours and worst of all, most of them are already dried out! I asked for other colours and told them these can't be used at all, they actually acknowledged that but sorry, the rest are also dried out. I finally chose one and they did a really bad job in colouring my nails. They didn't put the base coat until I told them to, and the nail colours are not even! I guess the staff are only trained solely for the spa.

Despite all these, I would still go back to Kayumanis - but only for the spa and definitely not its other services. I paid IDR230,000 for the spa - choco cinnamon and IDR100,000 for the manipedi.

10  Thank Ms_Ee
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We have just back from Surabaya, We came to Surabaya for my parent's business thing. There's not much thing to do at my first day there. I just went to the Shopping Centre, Tunjungan Plaza and random places just for walking and shopping, while my Mom and Dad busy with their work.
So, i decided to search something i could do in the middle of the day, it was hot and hectic - i just need to rest my tired feet and relax my head from all that crowds at street. Then after we've done sipped our coffee, my sis n i looked for the magz and found out an adv about a relaxation place called Kayumanis Spa at Jalan. RA. Kartini. which offers the best massage for perfect mind, body and soul. humm.. its sound tempting isn't? so we decided to go to that place and have a body massage. The place wasn't so hard to be found. its a good start.-
Short story, we arrived there, and we were welcoming by couple nice ladies, n they're started to take our order and explained the treatments nicely. We chose to have Traditional Deep Tissue Massage. with aromatherapy cinnamon blend and olives oil. it was really really nice i could tell. My back n feet was so relief.. the adv didn't fake. i really enjoyed that moment. n the price was so affordable , better than hotel's rate.
so i think its the perfect escape for me n my sis, when we don't wanna spent a lot of cash, to spent a day.
Go for a day Spa or Massage than shopping! ha ha..
Maybe i should do it again when i come to Surabaya next time>
Cheers...