I spent 3 weeks here during a recent business trip to Surabaya. The building is massive and comes full of history. The facility is a bit dated, but the stay was great. The staff here were amazingly warm, friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is solid and the Illy cappucinos in the lobby are fabulous. I used the gym regularly and found the equipment only ok. It is a bit old, but workable. The pool is fantastic and someone a peaceful, quiet place in a city that is anything but. Overall, great stay and a place I'd definitely come back to if I were in Surabaya again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Majapahit is a historic luxury hotel in Surabaya, Indonesia. The hotel was founded in 1910 as Hotel Oranje by Lucas Martin Sarkies. During the Japanese occupation of Indonesia the hotel name was changed to Yamato Hotel. Mantrust Holdings Co. became the new owner in 1969 and it was named after the most enduring kingdom of ancient Indonesia. In 1993 it was formerly operated by the Mandarin Oriental group. PT. Sekman Wisata took over the hotel and changed the name to HOTEL MAJAPAHIT in 2006. Located on Jalan Tunjungan in Indonesia's largest city and capital to East Java, the hotel is located in the centre of Surabaya, close to businesses, government offices and the largest shopping district in Surabaya. HOTEL MAJAPAHIT is trully and oasis in the heart of Surabaya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Majapahit Surabaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Surabaya
- Surabaya Mandarin Oriental
- Hotel Majapahit Surabaya Java