I normally try to stay away from negative comments, opting for helpful criticism instead. However I have to be negative this time. I have stayed here a few times before and had good experiences and even reviewed it here on tripadvisor. When I booked the room, I asked for a non-smoking room. On my confirmation email, a smoking room was confirmed. I called and asked to change the room and was assured that it was going to be a non-smoking club room. When I arrived to room 2609 it had a faint odor of smoke in the room, as the night progressed, it got worse. We didn't spend much time in the room during the stay so it wasn't too obvious except for the first night, which kept me awake, and tonight which was horrible, like someone actually smoking in the room. It seems that it may be coming from the A/C unit or from the carpet maybe. I contacted the club lounge and asked if the room was a smoking room, again I was told it was not. The clerk came to the room and noticed the smell as soon as he opened the door. They offered to place a ionization unit in the room, which if left in the room might have worked overnight. However, shortly after the unit was placed in the room, someone from maintenance called and asked if the unit was still in the room and wanted it back. I asked him if someone had a greater need for it and he said, no, but you don't know. I was SO angry I didn't even know what to say, which is new for me. Seriously, if he had been in the room, I would have splashed water in his face to make sure he wasn't sleepwalking. As for the room itself, 4 star. Although Sheraton claims 5 star status for this hotel, and at one time it might have been, but not anymore. The facilities have dwindled from my previous visits. Without a doubt the quality of service at Shangri La, and Hotel Majapahit, are considerably better than here. I'm not saying that because I am frustrated with this hotel, but because it's true. I don't know when the bathtub was last cleaned and the coffee maker was full of mold. The standard of service to the guests is just not on the same level here anymore. Sadly, this will be our last stay at this hotel as I don't see any efforts being made to improve. I will say that the breakfast was great and my hat's off to the guy cooking the eggs for me in the morning. He did a great job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Surabaya, the Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers is a great place to conduct business, catch up with friends and family, or just relax. Next to the city’s most famous shopping center, Tunjungan Plaza our hotel offers a comfortable retreat and an unforgettable experience. Warm, friendly service awaits you from the moment you step through the front door until the last goodbye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Surabaya Hotel And Towers
- Surabaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers Java