“JW is a JW”

JW Marriott Hotel Surabaya
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Surabaya
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great hotel, plush rooms and excellent service. Staff a very pleasant and go out of their way to please. Room service was good, laundry very efficient.
I stayed in JW for just one night and had a pretty good experience with them. The room are large and clean, the location is very convenient. Pleasantly furnished rooms with an classic vintage feel. Good furniture and fittings.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Levina I, Asst. Marcom Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear DunamisArt,

Warmest greeting from JW Marriott Hotel Surabaya!

We are delighted to read about your wonderful experience during your stay with us. Your thoughtful comment will be shared with our team to motivate us in consistently giving the best service to our valuable guests.

Once again, we would like to appreciate your valuable time to write this comment. We are looking forward to welcome you in your next visit.

Warm regards,
Levina Inggita

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

JW Marriot is my number 1 choice whenever i go to surabaya for business. Mainly because their breakfast buffet and 'rawon setan' just across the hotel.

Beside that, no need explanation that their services is impaccable. The room is oldies but classic, i like it.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank WahyuKrido

Dear WahyuKrido,

We are glad to know that JW Marriott Hotel Surabaya is become your preferred hotel in Surabaya.

We also happy to inform you that our rooms are in the midst of renovation and we believe the new room will be more comfortable.

Thank you for taking time to write your experience and we look forward for your next stay.

Warm regards,
Levina Inggita

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We celebrate our Eid Fitri in Surabaya this time. The reason is to discover our maid's hometown. Our choice for stay is no less than JW Marriot. Upon arrival with all the greet, smile, welcoming us all the way. Again we were surprised our room has been upgraded to executive suite, judging from us. This has exceeded my expectation since we try to book online and its not available. Staying for 5d4n, with excellent location, security, helpful and cheerful staffs, best f&b, fantastic room service, corporate execute lounge, value for money, tip topcleanliness made us want to come back to Surabaya with no less than JW Marriot.

Room Tip: Executive level 21
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mokhtar A
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Wonderful Experience. Great Managers and staff, over attentive and helpful. Hospitality was rediscovered in JW Surabaya. Everything was managed exceptionally well. Stayed the week of July 6 for 5 days in this hotel while on a business trip. I got upgraded to One bedroom suite on 21st floor.

Great view, amazing space, very clean room. Too many pillows and I loved it. Good massage, steam, sauna and Jacuzzi to relax until 11 pm.

Near to SOGO mall and the hotel provides frequent pick and drop options.

I must say you’ll pampered us so much that we missed it when we checked out of the hotel. Thanks for arranging special vegetarian cuisine for me. The lounge on 21st floor is just amazing. Eat, drank and worked a lot at the lounge.

Strongly recommend if you intend to stay in Surabaya.

I forgot my Marriott gift though at the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher the floor, better city view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

stayed in this hotel in July early week...
Great Location and nice hotel .. just need a bid of new touch in the room ...It was luxurious ( about 10 years ago ) but location is fantastic ..
The trainees were very good and attentive ... and friendly satffs

Room Tip: choose a room facing to the pool side ...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice now, and it's amazing each time. The rooms are so clean and comfortable. The bed is my all time favorite of any hotel that I've been to. The staff is overly helpful and pleasant. My first visit was on my birthday with my boyfriend and after we got in the room there was a knock at the door; two staff brought me a cake and sang to me. It was so nice! On my second stay I wanted to buy souvenirs and after brainstorming with a couple other staff, the doorman called a taxi for me that took me to the best souvenir shopping I've found on Java: a 4 story warehouse with cheap fixed prices, so you don't have to haggle. The service is just excellent. It should also be said that their Marriott burger is possibly the best burger you'll find in Indonesia (I've searched).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank InternationalAndrea
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel staff were well mannered and too polite! My room had a lovely panoramic view of the city centre and was equipped with the most comfortable bed and six marshmallow-soft pillows, which made getting up for work a hard thing to do. As usual, expect the morning prayers to invade into your sleep time at about 4 in the morning, so ear plugs are a good idea. I was served an unwanted breakfast at 3:45am by room service..oops.. Wrong room Sir! Good thing the comfy bed just draw you back in to la la land. An average gym and pool provided us means for a good work out. I have to commend the business lounge for their delicious pastries, food, wine and attentive staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends