Midtown Hotel Surabaya
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
ELMI Hotel(Surabaya)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewstunjungan plazasplendid roomsmall parking spacefree valet servicesmall hotelbook storestrategic locationmajor shoppingcity viewtwin roomwithin walking distanceaffordable hotelbiggest mallmin walkbreakfast menu ishigher floorstar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Simple.
Great and comfortable.
Safe.
Convenience.
Near to Tunjungan Mall.

Great for a few nights stay. The staff are nice and willing to help. Nevermind, if there is no swimming pool or nice view, But, with a good working order of air-conditioning and comfortable bed, it is enough to just sleep in and rest after a long day. And, not forgetting, a clean shower room.

Even though, it is about 45 mins drive from the airport, it is worth the ride. It is about 5 mins walk to Tunjungan Plaza, 20 mins ride to House of Sampoerna and even, nearby to Jembatan Merah.

The hotel serves good breakfast. Especially the Nasi Goreng Kampong. Simple but delicious dish. I love the raisin croissants. I am not sure about the lunch and dinner menu as I was not in the hotel the whole day. The cafeteria is clean and comfortable.

Even though the hotel is small, it is a nice one to bunk in.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Me and my family was book this hotel for the second time, the hotel give me at 18th floor which very clean and the quality was same like my first time come at June 2013.
The staff was very friendly and also very helpfull.

My advise for for this hotel they need to upgrade they internet speed, because it's very slow with very high occupancy.

Thank you Mid Town for being very good hospitality. Hopefully at my next visit this hotel has upgrade they internet service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Location is right in the heart of Surabaya, only 10 minutes walk to Tunjungan Plaza and taxi is always available in front of the hotel. The hotel is modern & minimalist with unique names for the room - Groovy room, Splendid room, Fabulous room and so on.

I booked non-smoking room but it wasn't ready when I arrived, so they upgraded me to Fabulous room which is bigger but in smoking floor. The smoke smell is unfortunately still very strong although they have sprayed the room with air freshener. However the room is clean and the bed is comfortable. As in many modern-themed hotels, the bathroom is using see-through glass window so it's visible from the bedroom. However, there is no screen or curtain on the glass window so the room is only suitable for couple or solo traveler.

Breakfast is OK, wifi is good and strong. Overall a good value for money option in the heart of Surabaya.

Room Tip: If you're non smoker, strict to the non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

A friend booked this hotel for my 3 nights at Surabaya.
All the service personals were friendly. The breakfast had a wide spread of local as well as western food. There is a 24hr convenient store 200m down the street and the large Tunjungan Plaza with over 600 shops and a few food courts is only 400m away.
I was able to serve the internet with my Samsung Mobile phone with the free wifi in the hotel.
Although I had my friends to drive me around, there was an evening where I had to go to the Photography exhibition at Grand City Mall on my own as my friends had to be there early for preparations. I took a metered taxi and the fare was a reasonable 15,000 rupiah (minimum fare) for the 2.2km ride, the metered fare was 9,600 rupiah.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Terrylah
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I only stay in this hotel for one night on my business visit. Clean, nice and staff are polite always with a smile.Breakfast is fine too. It is worth for the price we pay. Meritus hotel is just opposite this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013