“Good enough”

Ranked #49 of 134 Hotels in Surabaya
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good enough”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed for 1 night. I'll go there for my business trip. Hotel location in the downtown of Surabaya, near Zangrandi ice cream. I fell uncomfortable because dirty bedlinen, broken shower and WIFI work very slowly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank eva p
RirienW, Direktur Penjualan at Garden Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Mrs. Eva,
Greeting from Garden Palace Hotel Surabaya
We would like to express our gratitude for your input to Garden Palace Hotel Surabaya. We understand that you had some uncomfortable experience during your stay, and kindly please accept our deepest and sincere apology. An immediate action already running to improve our standard sevices and we ensure this kind of unpleasant experience does not happen again.
Once again accept our deepest apology and thank you for your valuable input.
We hope you will come back to stay with us and surely with our better and improve services and facilities.
Regards,
Ririen Wiyanto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was here for one night only, and didn't quite spend time in the hotel. But I can say the hotel is very good. The receptionists did their job very good. Concierge helped me finding a taxi at dawn. The room and everything inside was very neat and clean.

Although I recommend this hotel for business trip purposes, I don't think it's suitable for kids. It didn't have a kids-atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RirienW, Direktur Penjualan at Garden Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Mr. Sujorimba,

Warmest Greeting from Garden Palace Hotel Surabaya ....

First of all we would like to say thank you for your positive review. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed stay with us and also enjoyed other facilities. Surely, your satisfaction is very important for us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next stay and let us be your second home in Surabaya.
Calangute, India
Reviewed 29 January 2014

A good hotel for business travellers. Impressive décor and neat ambience. check in process was quick and allocation of room did not take even 5 minutes. Buffet Breakfast was quite sufficient with good variety of choices.

Room Tip: I stayed in the last room on the 17th floor - 1721. the room appeared spacious and well lit and brig...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
RirienW, Direktur Penjualan at Garden Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Mr. 203RKrishnan,
Thank you for such a positive review, we are glad that you had a good experience during your stay. We also very pleased about your review for our breakfast, of course we will keep trying to improve our variety of food to give more choices to our guest. Once again thank you for staying with us and we are more than pleased to welcoming you again with our best services.
Warmest Regards,
Director of Sales Marketing
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

A colleague and I stayed here last night and I wasn't particularly impressed. The Wifi didn't work in my room (2009) so I was moved to a higher floor (2212) to be "closer to the router". There was music noise in my room due to an event on the function floor above.
In the bathroom, very dirty water exploded out of the sink hot tap and in the shower, I found the temperature very difficult to get right.
I had work to do so ate in my room and the food was very good.
Good coffee latte in a lounge bar type area close to reception.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the WiFi works.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AlanMichaelWard
Dear Mr. Alan,
Greeting from Garden Palace Hotel Surabaya
Thank you for taking time to write a review during your stay. Allow me to express our deepest apology for the inconvenience. We had a ballroom and sometimes there are an event with band. Of course is not your fault and we are doing some wall improvement to minimize the sounds.
Your suggestive feedback is highly appreciated and we will take action to improve our services and facilities.
Thank you once again for your input and staying with us. We hope you will stay here again and serve you with a better service.
Warmest Regards,
Director Of Sales Marketing

Travellers are raving about these Surabaya hotels

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Everything is quite okay. But few poins need to be fixed. Like the parking area. That time had 2 events on the hotel so the parking very full. But they should prioritize hotel guest. My dad had to turn around few times to find parking. And second point is the food in breakfast. The served many types of food that is the good point. The bad one is all the food is have no taste. That is what i think.

• Stayed December 2013
Jakarta
Reviewed 6 January 2014

1st stay at this hotel was 20 years ago, then I always stay here when visiting Surabaya. I stayed there last week with my family. They have renovated the room, it's a very nice room, modern, clean n' huge. My daughter has her own place on the sofa bed. The wall is not sound proof, I can hear people talking in the aisle and from the next room. On weekend, I can hear loud music from the cafe outside.
The lobby area is good but they need to put more chairs for the guest who is waiting at the lobby area.
I like the breakfast, many choices of the food, love the interior. The restaurant price is not very expensive for a 4 stars hotel and the food is taste good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The hotel is pretty old style.
Food was so so, expensive for its taste, including the Indonesian food.
The location is good. Walking distance to shopping centers.
No place for children to play. Not recommended for family.

Room Tip: Do not eat in the hotel, except for breakfast.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family