Tempat Senang Resort
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort(Nongsa)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$71
  • Breakfast included
Turi Beach Resort(Nongsa)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$82
US$49
Hotels.com
US$136
US$64
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Resort Batam(Waterfront City)
US$78
US$32
TripAdvisor
US$364
US$275
All reviewsbalinese massagespa treatmentsbeer can chickenhot compressbody scrubhair spasultan roomthai roomthemed roomsbali roomnasi campurgolf coursetree househour spabottle cottageferry terminaloffice massage
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Received a warm welcome upon arriving at the resort. Martha, the manager there explained to us everything we need to know and answer all our questions patiently. Give an introduction to the spa packages that they have and explained how every massage is done.
We stayed in the villa that is away from the resort.
Spa was great but try to avoid the hair spa.
Food was great. Love their sambal belacan!
Will definitely go back to tempat senang again!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms may look kind of eerie. Do take a closer look at the photos before selecting your room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eva-fei
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Great short getaway! Online booking was fast and efficient with an email to the resort which was promptly replied by a very chirpy Martha. Stayed in the Treehouse room with a tree growing though it and a swinging Queen Bed hangling from the ceiling. Room was comfortable and 'atmospheric' (I love it!) though not as spacious as I expected. But good sized, nevertheless. Decor was very 'African' and tribal, giving the impression we were spending the night in a hut. Other rooms were situated quite close by so if you crave absolute privacy, it would be in the confines of your room with the blinds drawn.

Food was good. Had the Nasi Campur for lunch (included in add-on of another 3-hour spa package) and the Beer Can Chicken for Dinner. Portions were large. Chicken was tasty at the wings and thighs, flavourfully crispy on the outside and moist on the inside but as dinner progressed and we worked on the breast meat, it was considerably drier than our sumptous initial bites.

The resort has a full suite of spa treatments. Pretty good, I must say. Tried the Balinese and Office Massages and both were good and quite different. Balinese was very good if you would like to be massaged to sleep. I also liked the Office Massage as it felt like a cool down/stretch session after a workout - my limbs and body were manipulated for maximum stretch effect. My husband thought the Aromatherapy massage was even better than the Balinese. But the ear candling was so so and I didnt quite like the hot wrap as it got a bit uncomfortable at the end when it became hot and itchy. Hot compress was good and foot reflexology was decent.

Wifi at the lobby has patchy reception. Sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't.

All in all, I thought the resort provided great value for a short relaxing getaway from the hustle bustle. It was wonderful not having much to do except, spa, eat and watch DVDs. And the other theme rooms were also intriguing. Intend to try the Joglo next time. Will definitely recommend the resort. You will not regret the experience.

Room Tip: Different rooms have different features. Timbur Room is opposite the Spa centre, Treehouse opposite the Joglo which are situated separate from the main building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bingp
Reviewed 5 November 2012

When I first entered ‘ Tempat Senang’ I thought hmm …. the translation means a ‘Happy Place’- how apt. The natural tranquillity, ambience and lush surroundings of Tempat Senang’ puts you in a relaxed frame of mind to enjoy a variety of spa treatments and massages.

Previously, I had tried the ‘Shiatsu and Swedish’ massage. This is very therapeutic for it soothes the entire body. I felt very invigorated after the session. The facial and aromatherapy were equally refreshing.

On my recent visit, I chose the ‘Balinese’ massage and chempaka (yellow flower) and rice scrub. Once again, very therapeutic for my aching muscles and stiff joints. Santi was very professional, pleasant and attentive. The ‘lulur’ is a scrub exfoliation using a combination of flower and rice, which made my skin feel very smooth and soft. I could actually smell a subtle lingering scent of the exotic chempaka flower. The experience was heaven …….and I would like to do this again!

I also had a hair ‘crème bath’ using ‘aloe vera’. Adih, was my hair therapist. This is a rejuvenating scalp treatment, whereby hair is shampooed, followed by scalp, neck and shoulder massage. ‘Aloe vera’ is applied and left to infuse with a hot towel for 15-20 mins. There was also a light hand massage.

The staff are cheerful and always greet you with a big smile. There’s continually new improvements, every time I visit. I left Tempat Senang… “happy place” … very happy and relaxed.

Regards

Merina Mackenzie,
Culinary Adviser
Lifestyle Changes
Singapore

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Merina0104
Reviewed 2 November 2012

After our stay in you wonderful spa and resort we felt a message of thanks to all the staff thanking you for making our stay so memorable was needed.
From the second we arrived the staff was so professional, kind and friendly. The level of service was second to none, it was so refreshing, we were made to feel more like friends than customers.
The unique method of service you have in your restaurant is so relaxing. Being able to pre order all your meals and stipulate the time you would like them served is great. Having delightful food served within minutes of sitting down is unbelievable, so fresh, well presented. and so so tasty.
While we sat in the peaceful gardens not hearing any noise, just the sound of nature, we both felt so relaxed. It was just what we needed, to get away from the city and pamper ourselves at the spa.
The Sultan room was wonderful, with a jacuzzi and with excess to the pool and cabana.
You will surely see us again, hopefully in the near future.

Thank you once again and say high to our friends (the staff)

Colin & Tessie

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2012

It's a good place to get away from it all,the rooms are nice and the staff generally leave u to yourself...

We had a 2d1n package in the Bali room..the room was nice...one of a kind with an enormous toilet+ jacuzzi..

We arrived and chose our spa package,the spa was really good and relaxing,both my gf and I fell asleep to the sound of raindrops outside when it started to rain...woke up feeling thoroughly refreshed..

Then we explored e enormous DVD collection and just pigged out,snacking and watching movies till we were called for dinner..during dinner,the beer can chicken was awesome upon first bite...but perhaps e portion was too much for 2 ppl,we got an overdose of chicken and really needed to have more variety to the meal.. But it's still an interesting try!

All in all,great one of a kind short getaway

• Stayed: October 2012