“Peaceful getaway”

and 1 more site!
Tempat Senang Resort
Ranked #1 of 100 Hotels in Batam
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

It's an amazing place for couples looking for a quick and hassle free getaway from Singapore. The rooms and staff are of top notch quality. The spa is extremely relaxing however the setting could have been made more chic and luxurious. The food quality was good but only limited choices.

It's highly recommended if the objective is to give yourself a break from the hustle and bustle of city living. The resort is doing a good job at it.

Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The rustic, tranquil and lush greenery in and around Tempat Senang immediately placed us in a romantic mood. The Japanese Room was simply Zen and it gave us a sense of peace and harmony with the ambiance.
The spa treatment was so very relaxing that it made us dose off into slumber in the ever so well decorated spa rooms. The outdoor bubble pool was simply out of this world.
My wife was extremely taken in by the surprise of the decorated bed of flowers, not to mention the two little bunnies that kept an eye on our doings during the night. (of cause the bunnies were made of towels!!)
But most of all the staff were extremely caring and polite and saw to our every need without any reservation.
Thank you for a great time we had. We intend to convince a group of couple friends who would definitely enjoy what we had.

Room Tip: We had the Japanese room closest to the Reception and Restaurant and we had a personal Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Tempat Senang is set amidst a lush oasis of palm trees, Balinese-inspired architecture and idyllic water features.

Upon my arrival to the spa I was greeted with a warm smile and promptly seated in the main lobby to receive information about my 3 hour spa session. The helpful staff member ran through the various types of massage and services available; and asked me for any specific needs or preferences I had as well. After some consideration I opted for the house speciality, the 'Office Massage'. I decided on this particular type of massage as I wanted to focus on muscular tissue and prefer more rigorous massages. I also selected the coconut scrub and initially requested the clay facial.

After completing my selection I was escorted from the lobby area down through a picturesque garden to the spa. My room was scented with Jasmine oil and the sweet sound of Gamelan music filled the air. I was advised to change and once I was ready my masseuse came in to begin the session with the 'Office Massage'. My masseuse was so fantastic! She knew exactly where all the pressure points in my feet, legs, back and neck were (many masseuses struggle with this!). She also used a foot massage stick to really pinpoint specific areas and applied gentle pressure to circulate blood flow. This massage also involved a lot of stretching (if you play sports this is perfect for you), which at times I was a little hesitant with but she was very gentle and consistently asked whether the pressure she was applying was ok. I found her attentiveness made the experience much more enjoyable.

After my massage finished I then had a full body coconut scrub. As someone with sensitive skin I dislike very coarse scrubs as they can irritate my skin but this was much more gentle yet left my skin feeling incredibly smooth. My masseuse then advised me to shower to remove the scrub and we then continued with the facial. After initially applying toner and lightly removing any dirt or oils from my face she recommended that I avoid using clay due to my sensitive skin. She mentioned it may be drying and I really appreciated her honesty. Instead she recommended a cucumber and honey facial that would help with redness. After applying the creamy honey mask she completely covered my face with cucumber. The cool feeling of the cucumber on my face was so relaxing however i found a lot of liquid dropping into my ear. Before I asked her to put something to catch the water she had already placed tissues around my ears.

The spa at Tempat Senang epitomises island luxe. High quality service and products paired with a beautiful environment are truly the ingredients one needs to reenergise and revitalise both the mind and body. Will most definitely be returning soon for another session !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lady S
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I travel to Singapore about once a quarter for business. Rather than stay in the city for the weekend I decided to take a ferry to Batam Island to stay at this oasis. Everything was first rate. It is a small luxury hotel with individually decorated rooms, definitely a nice change from business hotels where I am usually stuck. I was travelling alone and missed my ferry so they picked me up at almost 11 PM. The kitchen was closed but they had saved a dinner for me since they knew I had been running late.

I had five spa treatments in two days and each of them was wonderful. I never left the property but enjoyed my alone time, reading by the pool, eating great meals, being totally spoiled by the staff. I ended up staying a third night and catching the Monday morning ferry, arriving at the office in time for my 9 AM meeting.

Highly recommend if you like interesting properties, spa treatments, and spending time off the beaten path.

Room Tip: Each room is different so discuss with the staff when you book. They are very prompt with their ema...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carolyn G
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Went for a 2D1N stay over the weekends, totally worth it!

Airport pickup arrived slightly later. Took about 10 mins to reach the resort. Once arrived, got brief on the spa menu, and select our massages. Shortly after, we check-in to our rooms (Borneo). Was astonished at the room decoration, and we fell in love with the room immediately. Just outside our room is the swimming pool. Dinner was their famous Beer Can Chicken, which was soooo good. Massage was good. Not sure if they have got air-conditioned massage rooms, but we were allocated to a non-air conditioned room. Abit hot after a while of massage, but they have fans, so still alright. They have staff who can speak good english, and their breakfast is awesomeee! Walk around the resort, and you will find alot of places for you to chill out!

Upon check-out, they even had a taxi arranged for us to travel to Mega Mall at SGD$10.
Love this place, shall try out the other themed rooms the next time. Thanks! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank missrojak
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This place is a little oasis. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are luxurious, the spa is great and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Food and drinks reasonably priced and delicious. Most of the rooms are very private; however, the Japanese room (which was the one originally booked) is right near reception and was grateful for the upgrade to a more secluded and luxurious room. This is the ideal place to book if you are looking for some relaxation in an unpretentious establishment.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank dp1980
Reviewed 22 July 2014

we booked a the Harem room for 5 of us gals and it was a wonderful experience. Martha was really great with us with recommendation for their food at the restaurant and also with our Spa treatment.

The rooms were really comfortable and we were really delighted by the fact then when we reach, we got an early check in.. and they had on the room air con to ensure that we arrived the room was cooled and we felt comfortable..

When ordering of food, the waiter will advise us in order for us not to over order on our drinks. Martha also gave us good recommendation on food and also advise us on what is enough for the 5 of us .

Breakfast was simple but yummy.

Will be going back there again....

Room Tip: all rooms are different and you can try the different rooms .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends