“Close to Nagoya Hill Mall”
Review of Grands I Hotel

Grands I Hotel
Ranked #9 of 98 Hotels in Batam
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Close to Nagoya Hill Mall”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have always stayed in a another hotel in Batam but decided to try I-Hotel due to its location next to the Nagoya Hill Shopping mall. My room was on the 6th floor no 639, facing an empty land at the back. Room is spacious. Have a king size bed with 2 small pillows and look really pathetic on the bed. Bathroom and amenities are ok but the towels look as though it have been used for many years. Management should consider to change the towels completely to new ones. Have to keep on switching on the air-conditioner whenever I came back into the room. Breakfast counter was also ok, with many selections and also with fresh coffee and milk. But waiter and waitress are not friendly. The waiter who stands at the Cinnamon door only greeted good morning to the foreign guests (the whites) but ignore the locals. Not that I want to be greeted but why choose colors? I should have taken note of his name instead. Don't know if I will stay in this hotel again as there is another hotel just opposite Nagiya Hill Mall which I heard is good.

Room Tip: If you are into shopping, don't look anywhere, this hotel is just a walking distance probably 5...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Neena2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The room is spacious and very clean. The hotel is just next to Nagoya Mall and it's within walking distance so there's no worrying if you happen to forget to buy anything.. Even at the last minute you can always go back to Nagoya. There's also a back door where you can walk to Nagoya Mall easily. I opted for couple package at Devata Spa. I am so in love with the spa ambience. The room was lit with candles so it gives such a romantic mood. The masseuse are very experienced. The package also comes with a flower bath in hot tub. The feeling after the spa was really awesome. I've been to other spa around Batam but I felt that I Hotel's Devata Spa provides the best spa service so far.

However, I felt that I Hotel need to improve their breakfast meal as the dishes served are rather mundane. Perhaps they could add more dishes and alternatives instead of serving porridge, beehoon every time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NoinaAwin
Singapore
Reviewed 12 January 2014

On 26 Sept, four of us myself, my sister and her hubby with my close girlfriend (her second time stay at our favourite hotel in Batam). As we went on Saturday, I would expect a lot of Singaporeans. To my surprised, not many of them and our short trip from ferry terminal to the hotel was smooth as our check-in was a breeze. Hotel staffs still friendly and obliging when I requested one them to make a call to pre-order my cake lapis prune a must buy for me.
I was very happy again I got my connecting rooms so we can enjoy family bonding after a day of shopping and dining. We watched tv over idle talks, ordered room service meals for supper and before we can say goodnight all of us dozing off into our dreamlands.
Breakfast was as good and we had a hearty meal that we skipped lunch. Our rooms were right to the corner end and facing the carpark far from the poolside. I don't particularly like the rooms facing the back of the hotel with no view except trees on undeveloped piece of land.
Old habits die hard, I and my sister shopped almost the Nagoya malls closing times then we walked back to the hotel. Quite safe as I saw a security guard siiting near the rear of the hotel.
We had a good sleep at night and good eat in the morning. Even for one night stay at I hotel, I honestly felt like a batt fully recharged going back to Singapore ready to go to work on Monday.

Room Tip: Rooms above 6th floor not too near the poolside; avoid rooms facing the rear of the hotel or near li...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SingaporeCatlover88
Singapore
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Our initial impression was good because the lobby and rooms were modern and clean. Bathtub was huge. Free amenities like shaving kit, shower cap, cotton buds, bath gel/shampoo, toothbrush and paste (only one set) and bedroom slippers (only one pair) were provided. Breakfast was so so only. Staff were polite enough. Location was great, just 3 minutes walk from Nagoya Hill with plenty of good and cheap eateries, good and bad spas and shopping. Bed was firm and comfy. Strong shower.
But moderate your expectations. Wi-Fi was constantly unstable in the rooms (we had 2 rooms at the end of the corridor). We had to either stand at the door or outside the rooms to get connection. Pool is very small and at 1.2metres deep, it encourages people to soak and chat rather than swim. And if there are kids with huge float, well...it's invaded.
Overall not bad but I would like to try a different hotel in town than return.

Room Tip: Pool view or back yard view dont matter because neither was attractive. Not sure if wi-fi is better...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
singapore
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Location is superb, just 5-8min walk. However is better if they provide shuttle bus to BCS mall.
One thing surprise me is on top of provide pillows , this hotel provide bolster too.. Comfy and cosy!..
Disappoint me would the breakfast range is limited, porridge, egg station, less than 10 other dishes(spaghetti, nasi lemak etc). Only fries and nuggets suit my kids.

Room Tip: Due to the location, hotel room is often fully book. Plan early. Ask for room at swimming pool level...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

My first stay here and for hotels in Batam I thought it was quite good. Good size room and clean. The only let down was smoking in the restaurant. Although there is a non- smoking area, the smoke from a chain smoker at breakfast did not know this ! Both days.

Staff very helpful and friendly and always at hand.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Just stayed at the I Hotel for a weekend. Upon arrival, the experience was good as the door man cum porter was helpful and the service at the reception was very efficient.

However, I was a bit disappointed with the lighting in the lobby as the lighting was rather dim and dark.. The hotel has good security system where one can only get to your designated floor with your key card.

The rooms was a good size and clean, however they looked rather tired and needs an upgrade. The TV set was still the old style TV ( CRT) and not the flat LCD TV. The WIFI in the room was rather weak and had to look for the signal. The lighting in the bathroom was rather dim as well.

Quality of breakfast was good and they had an egg station as well. The plus point in this hotel is that its right next door to Nagoya Hills Shopping Mall. Surprisingly, the lighting around the hotel lighting the walkways were brighter than the hotel lobby and restaurant which made the safe to walk alone.

Overall I had a good experience stay.

Room Tip: if you want to get good quality WIFI signal, its best to get a room towards the center of the floor...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple