“Decent hotel just a little priced on the higher end”
Review of Grands I Hotel

Grands I Hotel
Ranked #13 of 98 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Decent hotel just a little priced on the higher end”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Overall, the hotel is clean and staff are friendly. Breakfast spread is good and service is fast in replenishing the food. It was pretty crowded..probably because I was there on a long weekend. First time staying in this hotel as it is close to Nagoya mall which is the central attraction. Only stayed here for 1 night before going over to Swiss-belhotel which is half the price.. and the latter is equally good too! And the place feels newer and cleaner than i-hotel. Overall, it's a good stay but if not the location, I will consider again before paying so much to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pastrylinda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We went for a quick getaway - to really get away from the hustle-bustle of life plus a short babymoon trip!

We couldn't have picked a better place for our virgin Batam trip. Location from the port to iHotel took approximately 20 minutes, and it was a nice ride for we were able to pass by the village streets and other hotels.

Upon reaching, we were served welcome drinks at the grand dazzling lobby, and were quickly checked-in to our humongous room with a balcony with a huge bed and a recliner. We had a bathtub and although toilet was a bit small, it was nothing short of our expectation. We had a jacuzzi and a swimming pool by our balcony and that was amazing!

We hurriedly changed and walked towards the Nagoya Mall, which was only 3-5 minute walk and within view of the hotel, and the backyard of the hotel was in the midst of landscaping and I can't wait to come back and see how they progressed! I don't mind coming back here at all, in fact, i will definitely be coming back here very soon!

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room - very spacious and upgrade cost was very minimal to standard rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I came to Batam for a week training. I was looking for a quiet place but close to the city central and found this hotel. Its a nice place with fair price and I got all things expected, like swiming pool, gym and cafe. The good thing is that they got connecting back door to a mall, next to street food stalls. Its not far from the port either if you just want to hop on to the boat for Singapore trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Malaysia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Spent 2 nights in this hotel for business trip. The hotel is tightened with thorough security check. From entering the hotel area, your vehicle must be screened. At the main entrance, there is a metal detector to screen through the guests. And you need to touch your room card to access the elevator.

The check in was smooth and quick. The front desk lady greeted me with warm smiles and she was friendly and helpful. When i reached my room, the room key card was not able to open the door. I have to go down to the reception and request for help. Then there was a staff helping me to reset the door handle.

I booked a deluxe room. The room was spacious but dated. The non-smoking room was filled with musty smell, which really is a negative point for a business hotel. And what a surprise was, you get a CRT TV in a business hotel. This is really a surprise to me as i was told that the hotel just opened 3 years ago.

The breakfast has limited of choice and the food quality was decent. The coffee is the worst quality that I have ever had throughout all the stay in other business trip. Though the Nagoya Hill mall is within walking distance, but you have to be careful as there is partial road that you have to walk at the side of main road, no pedestrian walkway.

There are quite variety of TV channels other than Indonesia channel. Which is a plus point. And the minibar is complementary with Carlsberg provided.

This hotel still has room for improvement if comparing to other business hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hengor
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

As compared to Harris Resort, this is a much better hotel. 5 mins walking distance to Nagoya mall. Great service and breakfast is surprisingly good. The only minus point is the musty smell of the room. Although we had requested for a non-smoking room, it was still very musty. Our child had a mild asthma attack during the stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Chrislyps
Singapore
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. The hotel looks quite new and the checkin was smooth. very huge rooms and very clean. Best of all it is near Nagoya hill shopping mall linked by a quiet pathway. We ate in the hotel restaurant and the food was great n worth the money spent. The staffs were polite and willing to help. Will stay here again if we are coming to batam again.

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Loved the fact that it's a 2 min walk to Nagoya Hill Mall.
Rooms are spacious. Bathtub in every room. Smoking rooms available.
Staff are very friendly and helpful!
Didn't go for the breakfast but heard from my friends who went that the spread was good.
It was my first time in Batam and I Hotel, will definitely book to stay there again!

Room Tip: Be specific for a smoking room if you are a smoker like me.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends