“Great hotel”

Grands I Hotel
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Batam
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Book a Deluxe room with king size bed that can sleep 3. Room is vy spacious and it overlook the swimming pool. Book online in US$ but when check out they bill in Indo$. The breakfast have limited choice and they dun have smoking and non-smoking section. So we have to bare with the smoking smell.

The swimming not vy big but i find it great enough. Tried the spa...massage, facial and foot spa @ ard S$55 for 2hrs. Massage quite gd. The only dissappointment is the facial. After the staffs put the mask on our face they say we have to wait for 20min. After 30min they dun even come back and remove the mask on our face...i even have to go and tell them our mask are done. They also have couple room.

Nagoya Shopping mall is only 5min walk from the back door of the hotel. Food is not a problem at all....they have chinese food, A&W, KFC and a hypermark.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I am a frequent business traveller to Batam and have found the I hotel to be consistently of good service, modern, comfortable, clean and good value. The rooms are spacious and well equipped - good bed, LCD TV, tasteful modern furniture, built in fridge and safe. The deluxe rooms include a separate shower area and are very spacious. The hotel's location, being next to the Nagoya Hill Mall gives you access to a wide range of shops, restaurants and a large supermarket within a 3 min walk.

There is a reasonable selection at the breakfast buffet. The quality of food at the restaurant is slighty above average, but there are wide selection of restaurants at the nearby mall.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Pasir Ris
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Probably the best Hotel in Batam. Room was very spacious, everything in the room is in working condition. Bed was splendid with new comforter I suppose. Unlike certain "hotels" with stains & brownish looking bed linen that makes you feel uncomfortable. Layout of the room is very elegeant, refrigerator are all built-in the wardrobes, making it pleasant to the eye. Complimentary breakfast in the coffee house is nice. 9.30am (Waktu Indo Barat), food is already finishing. Maybe the hotel management might want to extend the breakfast hours, as I can see many guest, walking out of the coffeehouse feeling disappointed as the food is running out.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We went there with the whole family including myself, parents, sister and granny for a short leisure trip. The hotel is extremely comfortable, the rooms are clean and spacious, the decorations are simple but eye catching and everything is very new. Massage service is good but a bit pricey compared to other places in Batam. The hotel is conveniently located near Nagoya shopping center which has a food street where you can indulge yourself in sumptuous dinner or lunch. Breakfast at the hotel is free with reasonable variety. Service quality is top notch! Will definitely stay at this hotel again if I visit Batam in the future

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Even though I'm Indonesian, but this is my first time to stay in Batam. I Hotel gave me a very good expression with good service, reasonable price of local phone calls and mini bar.The place itself is new with all the facilities needed for us. Definitely will come back again if someday we go back to Batam. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We went there for a teambuilding. We do a lot of shopping at Nagoya Hill as the hotel is just nearby. The room is nice & comfortable.

I will definitely come again. Next time will be with my family.

Keep It Up, i - Hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank JJBSS
SIngapore
Reviewed 26 June 2009

I have stayed in this hotel twice this year. Its a new hotel, very clean, superb service and affordable price. They have a small pool (both adults and kids), jacuzzi and gym at the 3rd floor. Their Tamarind Spa offer great services and really cheap.

It is very convenient to walk to Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre. They allow guests to walk via their backdoor to the Shopping centre and you are there in 2 mins. Even if you come back when its dark, there will be security sitting there looking out after guests along the walkway.

However, this hotel is in the city of Batam, not the resort area. I will definately will come back here again if I just need my spa and salon services which is very cheap and you can find lots at Nagoya Hill Shopping centre.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family