“Value for money and spa treatment”
Review of Swiss-Inn Batam

Swiss-Inn Batam
Ranked #22 of 99 Hotels in Batam
Reviewed 22 April 2014

For a solo traveler room is spacious enough and big bed. 4 pillows and thick quilt covering in case you feel the strong air con. Room Service is fast. Staff very helpful when I cancelled my reservation accidentally on line. They assisted in getting another hotel (in case) I need one should the room availability to stay for the next night was fruitless.
Breakfast was local and intercontinental choice that you are spoilt with. Take your breakfast slow.
However, taxi at the hotel tends to be fixed priced to your destination. Hence take taxi or ojeks (motorcycle) from the main road and haggle the price first.

spa treatment in house was good and relaxing.

Pity no swimming pool though. It would be great to have a pool for a swim and relax.

Room Tip: Room I got was on the fifth floor overlooking the main road. Should you be a light sleeper, the occa...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Brenden A
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Inn Batam, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Batam, 5 May 2014

Dear Mr. Brenden,

Warm regards from Swiss-Inn Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com.

We are appreciate for the positive comments regarding the good service of our staffs & the breakfast experience. We have shared this good news to the team. We are glad that you have a pleasant experience while staying with us. We will make sure that you have another best experience on your next visit.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enables us to focus our continue improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Inn Batam. Thank you.

With kind regards

There are newer reviews for Swiss-Inn Batam

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Swiss-In Batam is a very good budget hotel for anyone travelling for a short trip to Batam. The staff are very humble and courteous , food was good and location just perfect , in the mid of city . Very near to Nagoya hills and ferry terminal . But if you are looking for a beach side hotel - this is not the one as its centrally located.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AhmadTheLast
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Inn Batam, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Batam, 29 March 2014

Dear Mr. Ahmad,

Warm regards from Swiss-Inn Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at Swiss-Inn Batam.

We do appreciate your comments and have been forwarded to our staff and team. Indeed it is a clean and nicely done hotel, centrally located in downtown and we often receive good comment regarding the service of our staff as we have been conducted several training to maintain our standard.

With kind regards

Reviewed 9 February 2014

After 4 times at this hotel, I still find this hotel to be most comfortable and the service staff are polite and attentive. This is great value for money and close enough for shopping yet a quiet getaway from bustle. there are quiet resorts on this island that are too far from shops and eating places and taxi can get costly.

this hotel is Well located near Nagoya Hill, Top 100 and BCS Mall. I love this quiet getaway place. Its quiet away from bustle and local food is readily available at a nearby A1 Food centre.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the back of the hotel. the view is unblocked and you can see Harbour Bay and th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
fomsib, Manager at Swiss-Inn Batam, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Dear Mr. Jason,

Warmest greetings from Swiss-Inn Batam and we do thank you for your staying with us and for sharing your views with other travelers.

We are so sorry for lately reply your feedback.

Now we already renovated room and changing old air condition with bigger power than the old one.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed at Swiss-inn batam during the lunar new year period as many other resorts were fully booked. But no doubt, our short stay of 2 nights at Swiss-inn was comfortable with not much problems. Impressed with the service and efficient staff. Check-in was brief, bell boy was attentive. Our request for extra bed was done quickly without any delay. We were also given rooms with high level and we were shocked that we were able to spot Marina Bay Sands from Singapore from afar in the day! Nice!

Breakfast was included in our package, though the buffet spread was simple but it's enough to keep us filled. We love the cooking station most with freshly cooked pancakes and sausages. Most of the time when I travel, I'll always encounter the same spread of food during my next consecutive day. To my surprise, 3/4 of the food were totally different from the previous day we had. Great!

Ordered room service on the first night at about 1 am as we need to travel a bit to the nearest eateries. We didn't have the menu in the room and so I called the staff, he apologized that he's alone and won't be able to bring the menu up to us. Therefore, he read out the dishes available slowly and patiently over the phone. He said it would be delivered to us within 20 mins and I was impressed it came within the time frame given. Though location of this hotel may be slightly far but we were not affected as we hired a driver during our trip. Overall, it was a memorable short getaway for my family and will recommend it to our friends!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Jacq,

We are so sorry for lately reply your feedback and we do thank you for your positive comment.

Now we already renovated room and changing old air condition with bigger power than the old one and also we improve for breakfast menu.

We do thank you for your views and we do hope we could serve you again and for next visit, please do feel free to contact me in my mobile: 0813 6458 1058 or by sending email to fomsib@swiss-belhotel.com or rdmsib@swiss-belhotel.com.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Place was ok, but the staff were really nice and patience. The hotel premises has no ciggies smell which was a plus plus point. Breakfast buffet was a small spread but the cooking station has provide some seafood (eg: fish slices, squids,chicken etc) and different types of noodles for your preference and the cook will whip up dishes upon your selection. Room was ok, the air condition as mentioned in some reviews takes quite some time to cool down the whole room.

Room Tip: High level is recommended...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kelly,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Truly impressed with the services of the hotel staff.. All our questions werea answered patiently. Our request for extra pillows was even done without any delay.. Though we stayed for just one night, it really has given me a memorable stay...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hasniah N
fomsib, Manager at Swiss-Inn Batam, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Dear Ms. Hasniah,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

A last minute scrambling for a hotel in December led us to Swiss-Inn. Although my stay here was just for 1 night, it left a good impression on me an my family. They are willing to make this hotel one of their accommodations.

We got a non-smoking room on the 5th floor. The rooms smelt great. Basic necessities were provided and THEY WORKED except for the fused doorway light. Bed and pillows are sleep inducing. However, if you get the room that faces the residential area, like I did, be prepared for an early wake up call from the rooster at the residential area.

The toilet is clean and is equipped with hot water. There is no bathtub and the toilet is a little small for my liking.

Room service and maintenance were swift to react to the minor doorway glitch. Staff here are very polite and made us feel very comfortable.

All-you-can-eat breakfast buffet is another highlight. The food tasted good. What more can I say?

For a one night stay, I must say that this hotel impressed me. I wouldn't mind coming back here for the next visit. It is worth every penny spent.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family