89 Hotel
US$37
US$44
US$26
Agoda.com
Turi Beach Resort(Nongsa)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$79
  • Breakfast included
US$366
US$205
Agoda.com
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort(Nongsa)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$56
US$42
US$38
TripAdvisor
All reviewshair saloncheaper pricewet marketfood courtrooms are cleannearest ferry terminalbreakfast buffetnagoya mallwater heaterwalking distanceshort weekendnon smokingegg stationfried riceporridgechecking inone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times; for room's pictures, please refer to my earlier reviews. During this current stay, the room reeked of smell and the floor mat and face towels seemed to have patches on them. Not very pleasant.

Room Tip: If your room faces the main road, expect noisy traffic. Otherwise, it'll face a canal which is filled with rubbish.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank doomslair
Sugianto K, General Manager at 89 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear guest,

Our goal is to provide each of our guests with a well-appointed and comfortable room along with good facilities. Many of our guests had great reviews on our hotel rooms and the variety of our foods but clearly that was not your experience and for that, we are truly sorry. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. As for your information, we have been doing renovation so that we could have a chance to serve you again in the near future. Your feedback is a valuable tool that we use to improve the product we provide and rest assure your comments will be shared with the related teams so they may utilize it to improve their products. Please accept our apologies and do reach out to me should you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here for a week
Close to Malls and facilities
Has Spa and Gym

Nice big room, clean and comfortable

The best thing is the Restraunt food .... great choice and available 24hours
Most dishes I tried were excellent and breakfast buffet is included

A good place to stay

Room Tip: Choose room away from front to reduce road noise
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dandav1956
Reviewed 20 March 2014

It was a ok2 hotel for me. Family of 14 booked 7 rooms but end up not not having the same rooms for all. Firstly, I was fine with the hotel,but the standard room was really a no no. Bathroom was not up to standard, florring had cracking here and there. Second, Wifi connection was nt that strong,had to call the technician to look at it. Same goes for the tv. Really need the hotel to upgrade the tv to LCDs. One of the room was bigger but the bathroom door was so visible from outside. had to use towel to cover. Had came across these looked through glasses for the toilets in most hotels in batam. Really don't understand why. hee. Was an average stay for me and family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank wani17
Sugianto K, General Manager at 89 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m sorry you were disappointed with your experience, and will share this feedback with our management team. In the mean time, we would like to inform you that we have been doing renovation and has changed a lot. We wish to be looking after you once again and could impress you. If you would like to discuss anything with us in more detail, please email us at wecareu89@gmail.com. We do appreciate your valuable information as it no doubt will help us improve our service to our guest.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Recently I went to book junior suite in the in hotel 89 it was a great room to stay in. Worth of value n good service. I will go again to try another type of higher range room. Nice stay n good food the counter receptionist is helpful n friendly.

Room Tip: Worth value n clean
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your great review! Sounds like you had a fantastic stay at the hotel and we met all your expectations. We appreciate you took the time to write us a review and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel impressed me the first time I got there and ever since my first virgin trip to Batam, I had always love this hotel.

Saw reviews on tripadvisor and checked out their website which shows picture of their comfy rooms, so I decided to give it a try.
Fell in love with this hotel till now. Checking in was never a problem, service is always with a smile, from the front desk, to the bellboys, to the staff in the restaurants and even their security guards... They are always smiling.

Rooms are comfy and atmosphere is very relaxing. With the view overlooking Batam, it's a very relaxing feeling while I sit near the window and sip down my morning coffee. Definitely can't get that kind of atmosphere from Singapore, for sure.
Have tried their superior and deluxe rooms, both rooms I'm happy with.
And for the channels on TV, they have quite a range... From Indonesian channels, to Singapore channels and some movie channels like HBO and all that.

The toilets in the room is relatively clean and acceptable, although the bathtub is a little bit small but that's because I got long legs but it's comfy enough. As for the water heater, like what a few people here commented, sometimes it's intermittent but that happens to some water heaters elsewhere so it's not much of an issue for me.

Their breakfast buffet spread is good, not much selection though but the choices are enough to fill up your stomach for the start of your day. As for the room service food, prices are quite ok and the taste is excellent and the food presentation on the plate is somehow like in the pictures of their room service menu, which is good.

Location wise... convenient...
BCS is about 5 mins walk away from the hotel when u cut through the back streets and they have a supermarket in the mall too. Some restaurants, fast food joints as well.
For those who drinks, they have a small liquor store right outside the supermarket entrance.

Nagoya Mall is close by as well, maybe about 10 mins ride from the hotel. They have clubs around that area too.

Overall, 89 Hotel is a wonderful place to stay, even though it's rated as 3 stars, the smiles and service of their staff deserves 5 stars.

By default, I will definitely come back to this hotel whenever I'm in Batam.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hasegawa N
Sugianto K, General Manager at 89 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Cheers from 89 Hotel, Batam !

We are delighted that you had enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your great comments about our hotel. Unarguably, our hotel is indeed value for money and its prime location in the central of business district has make it very famous in Batam. We often receive good comments regarding impressive service of our staffs too.

We are gradually renovating our entire hotel and guest rooms currently in order to serve you better. We certainly believe that you will find a massive change and improvement. Hopefully, we could impress you further during your next visit with us.

Looking forward welcoming you back the soonest.