Taking a weekend break alone from the hectic work in Singapore, looking for a place that I can truly relax. This resort is really cute, because it gives me a genuine natural experience with wonderfully freshly made food(I particularly ordered the fisherman's basket for twice), fresh coconut drinks, and the very warm staff who are willing to attend to your needs anytime. They also made me well accompanied as I am traveling alone. Thought it will be bit scary staying alone as a girl but I think this place gives me a very secure feeling.
They also just opened a very pretty beach side bar-house which you can read, have drinks inside, and look at the calming sea view. ( I also saw Marc and the local people having a little opening ceremony.. Very cozy and warm ) I particularly like the night time-I could see many many stars above the beach where i also did a barbecue with staff nicely cooking the food for me. I did the spa twice in two days, sounds pretty excessive but they are at very good value.( perhaps with this mangrove/ river environment and service you can never pay just this price elsewhere ) so I genuinely feel that this is a resort where you pay for a value and not like they charge you everything expensively just because you are 'on holiday' and you are ready to spend.
Would love to be back for my next 'take a break', easy and relaxing, or at least for the fishing tour and some kayaking activity when the wind is not too strong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional village style guest house located on 8 hectares of coconut plantation with private beach facing the South China Sea... Great home cooked food... Aroma River Spa treatments in a soothing natural mangrove environment... Rediscover the luxury of doing just nothing, with a relaxing simplicity... Choice of basic Pondok Standard pavilions or more private Pondok Plus pavilions for 2 guests, the new River House perfect for honeymooners and the Spa Villa suite for up to 4 guests... Now connected to the electricity grid... This is the real Bintan experience, off the beaten track! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Mutiara Beach Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mutiara Beach Guesthouse Hotel Bintan
- Mutiara Beach Guesthouse Bintan Island, Riau Islands