For those seeking a real, back to basic yet idyllic authentic Indonesian experience, this is the place for you! An hour's drive through beautiful local villages and untouched nature from the Bintan Ferry Terminal, I arrive embraced by tall swaying coconut palm trees (planted by local staff's grandparents), handmade bamboo traditional pondoks and the tranquil sounds of nature. Built on a coconut plantation with its own stunning pristine beach (not another tourist in site- all for myself), I am immediately transported to a whole new world of blissful serenity and peace. My city-wired senses are calmed and I enter another realm of relaxation at the Aroma River Spa - one of the most unique spas I have ever encountered, built on mangroves. 1.5 hours of heavenly aromatherapy!! From the delicious fresh local lunches and dinners (grilled fish!!) and cooling tropical drinks (huge coconuts falling straight down from a coconut tree) to the many magic hammocks calling to be laid upon, to the unspoilt secluded beach and gorgeous clear blue warm waters and warm loving laid-back hospitality of the local staff, this place will take your breath away. There is so much privacy you can come and go with whatever tickles your fancy.
Thank you to all the staff (simple yet loveliest and happiest people) who made this one of my favourite off-the-beaten path natural experiences. Thank you to Marc who shared his story and the interesting history of the land. In two days I have fallen in love with Mutiara and am planning a longer trip back to learn more about this special land, its wells and healing powers, practice yoga and daily meditation, read, sleep in a pondok and simply reconnect to myself.
Please keep this guesthouse as traditional, simple and rustic as it is - for this is its true appeal. In a world of expensive resorts, Mutiara is an absolute unique character of a gem!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional village style guest house located on 8 hectares of coconut plantation with private beach facing the South China Sea... Great home cooked food... Aroma River Spa treatments in a soothing natural mangrove environment... Rediscover the luxury of doing just nothing, with a relaxing simplicity... Choice of basic Pondok Standard pavilions or more private Pondok Plus pavilions for 2 guests, the new River House perfect for honeymooners and the Spa Villa suite for up to 4 guests... Now connected to the electricity grid... This is the real Bintan experience, off the beaten track! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Mutiara Beach Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mutiara Beach Guesthouse Hotel Bintan
- Mutiara Beach Guesthouse Bintan Island, Riau Islands