I went there twice in 2010 and absolutely love the "rumah laut" sea bungalow. Very rustic and back to basic concept, it appeals to the city dweller like me.
However I was back again one year later and was extremely disappointed in how run-down they let the place be.
1. Sewage system does not work in the sea bungalow.
2. The curtains and bedsheets looked like they have not been washed since the last time I went.
3. Toilet door handle broken and not fixed.
4. The buffet breakfast at Agro Beach Resort went from great to very bad. Food was not hot, eggs were not freshly prepared, flies everywhere.
5. Masseur at the spa, even though were friendly, has dropped their standards by a lot.
I feel that the friendliness of the staff at Yasin was still great, 2 of whom still remembered me. I still love the huts and the basic rural feel of the bungalows. I just hope they do a bit more cleaning up and maintenance which are just the least they can do as a lodging premises which collect money.
- Also Known As:
- Nostalgia Yasin Bungalow Hotel Bintan
- Nostalgia Yasin Bungalow Bintan Island, Riau Islands