We loved the view from our villa and the infinity pool was bigger than expected. Staffs were generally courteous and friendly. However, there were a number of service failures. Firstly, our check in time was 3pm (other hotel's check in is 2pm). The staff mentioned that because it's a villa they need to tidy up so that's why check in is at 3pm. But because the previous occupants have not vacated the existing villa, the staff told us that check in can only be made at 4pm. Frankly we feel quite cheated because firstly the villa didn't come cheap...it was US$794.55/night and by asking us to check in at 4pm, half the day is gone. The staff suggested that we go for complimentary afternoon tea. We later enquired about pasar oleh oleh and the staff quickly offered complimentary transport to that place and the complimentary afternoon tea seemed to have been forgotten. We didn't want the staff to waive the transport charges for us in the first place because it was cheap in the first place. We would rather she still let us check in at 3pm with another villa instead because time to us is very important and time lost is opportunity cost to us.But she told us that because it's Easter Sunday and all their occupancy is at 100%. Fine..we went to pasar oleh oleh and when we returned to the villa, we found ants-infested muffins that greeted us instead in the bedroom. Yes we appreciated the gesture of easter muffins on easter day but shouldn't the muffins be kept in the refrigerator in the kitchen instead. When we asked for replacement, the staff told us that the kitchen was closed and that replacements would be sent to us the next day but again the complimentary muffins were forgotten. We reminded the concierge that we didn't get the muffins and she gave us an incredulous look like the matter was totally trivial. Yes to her it might be trivial but to my daughter it was really important. She was actually quite traumatised by the dozens of ants surrounding the easter muffins and cried at the sight of them the night before. We promised that she will get her muffins. Eventually we did after subsequent reminders. On the second day we found a rusty nail near the swimming pool where the deck chairs were placed. Luckily none of us stepped on it. Yes..we signed the disclaimer to waive off all responsibilities to the management pertaining to accidents related to children at the villa but a rusty nail could prove fatal even to an adult leading to tetanus infection. Shouldn't the staffs have taken more care to clean up the villa and avoid possible mishap. Before we went swimming, we requested for fresh towels but waited 1 hour for the towels to arrive eventually after the second reminder to the staff. We actually planned to go for early lunch but because of the wait our schedule was disrupted again. Really...a series of service failures one after another from the late check-in to forgotten tea time snacks, and towels and the near accident caused by the rusty nail and ants-infested muffins. Yes...the hotel staff did waive our transportation costs for us but that does not make up for all the series of service failures that we encountered along the way. Truly, we didn't enjoy our stay at Banyan Tree Bintan at all because promises made were not delivered and we had to keep on reminding the staff. To us, it was the most stressful and unmemorable trip ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands