This was our fouth visit to Banyan Tree Bintan. Once again it was amazing. This is one of the oldest resorts in the chain so you need to be prepared for somethings to be a little old and tired. However somehow this just adds to the charm of the place.
The location is amazing - on the edge of the South China Sea! The people are amazing! Special thanks to our villa host - Andi, Lilik and Marcel in housekeeping for their wonderful skills with towels and making towel animals, Ardi in water sports who picked me up after i flew off the jetski and lastly Nelly the villa manager who made it all happen.
The only different thing this year was more children than ever before which made it a little noisy. This will put us off in the future as we go for the tranquility and serenity of the environment. The screaming children just dont add to that - its annoying.
See my video on youtube of the Bayfront 2 bed villa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS8UwvXbmAg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands