We stayed at Banyan Tree over the weekend and although the hotel was running full there was no sense of over crowding.
The sea view room we had was great although the room may seem a little dated but being surrounded my dense vegetation it is tough to maintain. the property at pristine condition as the dampness will cause it to look old.
The servie rendered was impeccable as evey staff did their utmost with a sincere smile and promptness. Every call for either to check the internet or at the restaurant were answered with promptness. Loved the service culture.
The spa was good and make sure early booking to be done to avoid fuuly booked situaton especially over the weekend.
Breakfast was good and serving sparkling wine and cocktail mix brings the experience a luxurious feel. They even decorate the eggs ordered. I am no fan of huge breakfast buffet and the spread is more than sufficient to me.
I have dinner at the treetop cafe and ordered Indonesian food which was very delicious.
The pools were great and the beach is so clean and quiet and mind you this is running at full capacity.
Ihighly suggest to get to Bintan buying the emerald class ticket and not the normal ticket as the sea can get very choppy. Emerald class is on the upper deck so no seasickness and more cmfortable sailing time.
A great weekend spend away from the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands