My husband and I stayed in a Pool Villa - Seaview room. Check-in was comfortable as they welcome you with lemongrass ginger drinks and towels. The room was very romantic. Amenities can be better quality. The slippers and robes were nice. Towels were clean and soft. Bedding was perfectly white and clean. When we kept the door open, a squirrel came in. They are so quick but you know they came in because half eaten fruits/peels can be found on the couch/floor. We had a big opening between the sliding door and door frame which explains how they came in again the next morning. Housekeeping quickly covered the space the same day and made sure we didn't have any more friendly visitors. Despite being 90% booked, you will not see any unhappy or uncourteous faces. They were quick on their feet and always gave us a smile.
The breakfast spread was great. Western and local dishes were served. The eggs were done the way I requested them. Food in the restaurants were good and reasonable, considering that you are in an island.
The beach is not as long as the beaches in Phuket, Bali or Boracay but it was nice to walk on. Pools are not so big either, compared to the Westin or Grand Hyatt Resorts, but adequate.
Gym was located in another resort, so we didn't go. I did attend the yoga class. Vishnu was very helpful and patient. I even slept during the savasana.
As for the spa, we were driven to another villa, where we were received, offered a drink and given a foot bath. Afterwards, we walked down to the lower level for our massage. I had the balinese massage and felt really good after. I have a bad back and knee problem and was handled really well. My massage therapist was Miggy and my husband's was Rima. The treatment was the highlight of the weekend getaway! I enjoyed our stay very much! Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands