Booked last minute as an interesting detour during a family holiday in Singapore, 6 and 4 year old with us. Ferry ride booked online with Bintan Resort Ferries, was easy and inexpensive (on arrival paid US$10 pp (or Sing $ equiv) for a short stay visa). Met by resort reps at ferry port and car arranged the resort within minutes.
One bedroom villa, sea view. Inside was tight for the 4 of us, but fine for a short stay. Some small signs of wear and tear, but well kitted out. Outside, jacuzzi wasn't working on arrival but fixed quickly - the one we had was cold water only, and as you would expect a fair amount of wildlife - lizards, insects, bats in the evening - so not entirely relaxing. Great views.
Had great fun at beach swimming in the warm water, collecting sand dollars, watching wildlife (inc, large monitor lizards which come very close) and jet skiiing. Setting is ideal, and we were lucky with the weather during our short stay. Poolside service is good, food options a little basic / largely western - fine for kids.
Had BBQ in villa for dinner, food very good and price ok given quantity. Wine options decent but very expensive.
Breakfast was also very good, extensive buffet including good selection of local options alongside the common fare. Charged a full adult price for the 2 kids, but they probably ate their money's worth.
Didn't leave the resort, so can't comment on the wider area. Overall, an expensive detour but worth it for the experience. Would return for a short trip if staying in Singapore, for longer stay would consider the adjacent Angsana resort which shares some facilities with the Banyan Tree but might be better for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands