Banyan Tree Bintan
US$603
US$102
US$95
Priceline
Hotel Panorama(Tanjung Pinang)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$17
Priceline
Trip.com
Club Med Bintan Island(Lagoi)
US$672
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
Loola Adventure Resort(Gunung Kijang)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,910 results
All reviewson the rocksvilla hostvilla bbqpool villaferry terminalbuggy servicesaffron restauranttreetops restaurantbuggy driversthai foodthe south china seaoverlooking the oceanturn down servicehousekeeping staffspa treatmentsin room diningsister hotel
Reviewed 24 September 2008

We had a villa with outdoor jacuzzi facing the sea. (villa 107 Limau)
The villa is big.
you can just relax on the deck and take a bath in front of the sea.
it is really an intimate place, quiet.
Thai restaurant is good.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chacaldore
Reviewed 5 September 2008

We've just returned from a trip to Singapore which included a 3 night trip to Bintan where we stayed at the Banyan Tree. It is a fantastic property with a great location.

First - getting there. It is a 50 minute ferry ride on a Bintan Resort Ferry from the Singapore ferry docks near the airport. You can locate tickets for the ferry online. They are pretty easy to book and the ride was comfortable.

Second - we stayed in an 'On the Rocks' bungalow. It was beautiful. My sense is that most of the hot tub bungalows are basically the same. The views vary. For us, the view of the ocean was important. We were not disappointed. Unfortunately for us, it rained the entire weekend we were there (I have been assured by many folks from both Indonesia and Singapore that this weather was highly unusual). Fortunately, the bungalow is a great place to stay if you can't get outside much.

Things to do - the spa is world class. Both my wife and I had the Balinese massage. We were both amazed at the quality of the massage. Definitely worth the cost. Restaurants - we ate at the Tree Tops restaurant for breakfast each morning. This is a pretty high quality buffet. We were happy enough with the choices. The real jewel was the Saffron restaurant. It was a Chinese/Thai restaurant. We chose to eat there two nights in a row. It was two of the better meals we had over the 3 weeks we were in Asia...and we ate very well.

Things to consider - There isn't much to do outside of the resort. There are your average water sports available nearby, but the pools and spa are the reasons to come here. Also, several of the other reviews mention the critters around the resort. We did have a bat that visited our porch area each night (and left behind half eaten fruit) and there were some ants in and around the bungalow, but not many. We were not bothered by the critters.

We would definitely go back and are looking forward to visiting the new Banyan Tree locations coming to Mexico in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jfox724
Reviewed 23 July 2008

My husband and I have just returned from a five night break at the Banyan Tree after a week in Singapore. This worked very nicely and it gave us an excellent balance of sight seeing and luxury! If anything, I would have preferred longer in Bintan.
Accomodation - We had a Seafront villa, which was amazing. There is everything you could ever need in this villa; e.g. robes, slippers, flip flops, tea/coffee, water, insense/oils, min bar, cosmetics. (i always over pack and didn't need anything I brough with me!) The jacuzzi was lovely and we had a wonderful view of the beautiful South China Sea. The room was always cleaned well and the turn down was great - presents, flowers, cookies, decorations on the bed! fab. The buggies collect you whenever you want.
Food - The breakfast was unexpectantly included for us. This included a wide selection of everything - pastries, breads, cereals, meats, sushi, fish, fruit, cooked breakfast, mee goreng, nasi goreng, dim sum, champagne (yes!), fruit juices - all wonderful.
All three restaurants are beautiful. One night we had a taster menu at Saffron (US $80 per person) which included 7 appetizers, starter, main, desert and petit four. Very creative asian cooking, beautiful, The Cove does great pizza and pasta and salads - med style cooking which I personally didn't want in Indonesia, but it was delicious! (Mains from US$15-30) The Treetops restaurant was my favourite. Huge portions actually (and I am a big eater!)Wonderful Indonesian food, lovely sitting outside, similar prices to Cove, but much better food! Loved it, beautifully presented.
Drink - All food and drink has tax and service (20%) added onto menu prices. A bottle of wine starts at US$37, cocktails US$8.5, Gin US$9, beer US$6.5 (ex. tax & ser.) Mini bar prices are the same as the restaurants.
Service - fantastic, could not fault it, Very helpful and very friendly everywhere you go in the hotel.
Pools - great temperature. When you arrive at the pool they give you fresh towels, cold water, insect repellant, a water spray and a refreshing hand flannel. Very relaxing by the beach pool.
Spa - i had a 2 hour treatment which took place in one of their sap villas - very nice!! Treatment was US$159, but very good!
Insects - take good insect repellant and wear it all the time - this way you won't be bitten. There is lots of wild life on the resort, so if you don't like birds, insects, bats, lizards - don't go! Personally, it didn't bother me at all, in fact it was quite interesting, but a little noisy at times!!
Overall, the hotel is amazing. We had a wonderful time and would love to book another Banyan Tree hotel - absolute luxury!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Natzanddel
Reviewed 9 July 2008

It was simply paradise.

Sam, the excellent bulter, opened the doors and there before us was a private pool, which looked across to small tropical island,a palm fringed beach beyond, and to the open sea beyond that. And it was all utterly private.

If anyone can complain about this, what they need is a therapist and not a holiday.

A stay at a Bayfront Beach villa was so perfect we opted to stay in for a week.

The Banyan Tree Bintan is a quality experience in a idyllic rainforest environment. And of course, the massages are as good as you get.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PFoggSydney
Reviewed 2 July 2008

This was my first Banyan Tree experience and I was very impressed.
It's worth paying the extra to be picked up by the hotel you find yourself rather glamorously rushed through immigration and straight into a waiting car. The resort is spread out over a large plot of land but you can call a buggy for a lift at any time. For this reason the resort feels very private and each villa secluded.
I was blown away by the size of our villa. I had opted for the cheapest room and had no idea it would come with a lovely outdoor jacuzzi. The room is gorgeous Indonesian style with a high straw ceiling & filled with signature banyan tree smells. Yes, if I was being picky, the bathroom was a little bit tired but other than that - no complaints.
There are 2 pools, we stayed at the one by the beach which was never that busy. Service is excellent and included a free ice cream by the pool.
There is a smallish stretch of beach shared with the Angsana which is nice for a stroll. Whilst the Banyan Tree is catering towards couples looking for a quiet time, I think the Angsana would be more family friendly.
Food overall was good but our absolute highlight was the degustation menu at Saffron - simply one of the best meals I have eaten.
I would recommend Bintan for those looking for a quiet getwaway for along weekend. The Banyan Tree was perfect for relaxation and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple