“Fantastic Hotel”
Review of Banyan Tree Bintan

Banyan Tree Bintan
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Bintan Island
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and myself enjoyed our stay throughout. We loved the nature surrounding us and also the staffs services is excellent..

We will definitely look forward to stay in Banyan Tree, Bintan in the very near future.

Room Tip: Room very spacious, excellent amenities in room, clean and cozy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Q2418OTPeter
Stefan_Thumiger, Area General Manager at Banyan Tree Bintan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Q2418OTPeter,

I am glad that we had successfully created an enjoyable stay for you and your wife. Indeed we are very proud of our unique rainforest setting and the unspoiled nature around us.

Thank you for your lovely comment on our service and I look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Bintan in the near future.

Area General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,723)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

It was great! The villas are secluded, clean and large. Great views. The staff was very friendly and the "buggy" to and from the various venues was prompt. You have to have a bit of patience with check in and check out. This is due to everyone arriving and leaving at the same time due to the ferries. Food was very nice. I would recommend anyone going from Singapore to book the "Emerald class" on the ferries. The additional cost is not that much, and you get to go through immigration first. On the return, they take care of all of the immigration stuff for you. I would also recommend the car service to and from the hotel. A very nice touch and you don't have to wait for a bus. MOST important! If you are traveling by cab from the Singapore terminal, phone a cab after collecting your bags, if checked in or once past immigration if you have carry on. The cab waiting line is long, cabs are few and the sun is hot.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris L,

I am truly delighted to learn that we had delivered a great mini-vacation to you. Being located only less than an hour away from Singapore by ferry our resort certainly has convenient access from the bustling city. Topped with a tropical rainforest setting and a beautiful private beach, we offer a comfort and relaxed getaway to all our guests.

I am glad that you had a smooth trip and I look forward to having you with us again for another mini vacation in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just about everything about the Banyan Tree is perfect, the rooms have fantastic decor, the staff are friendly and the ammenities they provide are really great. The outlook from the room we stayed a Seafront Villa was breathtaking. The breakfast was really good with a reasonable selection of gluten free foods including delicious rice dishes (black rice sticky pudding and rice flour porridge were definite favourites). The pool in the villas other than I think the Banyan Pool villas are really just big spa pools, but this is ok as the pools at the resot are really great with good service. The only thing that stops this resort from being perfect is the check in and check out process. I know it's difficult when everyone is coming or going via ferrys but it's really slow and no one wants to be sitting around the lobby for 30 minutes or so no matter how nice the lobby is and how nice the staff are. Giving the option of an express check out would help particularly as in most cases they know what time everyone is leaving as they book the transport back to the ferry for you. Check in is 3pm if you arrive early don't expect to get into your room any earlier. Again this is ok but they tend to keep you at the lobby, why not let you know how long before you can check in, give you a map of the resort and let you wander around to get your bearings, (even better offer little tours on the buggys while everyone waits).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jackie H,

Allow me to firstly thank you for having chosen to stay with us. I am happy to know that our Seafront Villa was enjoyable to you. As you have rightly mentioned, it boasts a beautiful view of the ocean. The relaxation pool in the villa is meant to cool you down while embracing the peacefulness amidst rainforest setting.

I have noted your feedback on the check-out process; please rest assured that a follow up is in place.

Indeed our check-in time is at 3 p.m. to allow our Housekeeping team clean and refresh the villa after a departure. In occasion when the villa is available early check-in can be accommodated.
We do provide a changing room for guests who arrive before the check-in time should they wish to change and enjoy the pool while waiting. I am truly sorry that the information was not properly conveyed to you.

I hope you will plan for another visit.
Meanwhile I look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Bintan in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We made a last minute booking or a Villa on the Rocks last weekend.. The villa itself was in a great position overlooking the sea and was spacious enough to accommodate our two kids who slept on the daybed. I am not sure how old the resort is but you can see signs of ageing and it's looking a bit tired. You need to order a golf buggy to get around to the restaurants and to the beach which the kids loved.. The beach is shared with the Angsana but it was still really quiet with plenty of space. It's a great beach for kids as it's really shallow and you can walk out a long way.. There is a marine centre on the beach which will hire out snorkelling equipment which was well used by us. It's not the best snorkelling we have seen but interesting enough for kids. If you want to hire a jet ski make sure you book in advance as they get booked up quickly. Overall a lovely spot but it didn't seem to have the finesse of some of their other resorts like Koh Samui..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear jof201,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Indeed all our Villa on the Rocks are the closest to the ocean allowing the most stunning view of the South China Sea.

As matter of fact, with inspiration taken from a traditional fisherman’s village and designed in Balinese style all our villas are not only overlooking the ocean but also boasting openness and privacy. The rustic charm accents that are adopted in the design can make the villas appear aged. However, I am pleased to inform you that a rigorous upkeep program is in place to ensure level of comfort in our villas is well maintained.

I am glad to note that your kids enjoyed our private beach and water sport activities.

I look forward to welcoming you and family back again to Banyan Tree Bintan for another tropical getaway.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

It was a group 7 adults and 1 kid visiting Banyan Tree for a weekend getaway from Singapore.
We booked 2 of the 2 bedroom pool villa.

1. Check in is at 3pm. Therefore, be prepared to wait as they wont be able to allow early check in at times. We had to wait till 3pm. So we spend the day having lunch at The Kelong Restaurant and also some shopping at Pasar Oleh Oleh.
2. Staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. Worth mentioning is Hendra. He spoke perfect english and nothing was ever too much for him.
Staff recognizes you & acknowledges you. They know which villa we are in before even having to mention it. Which is amazing!
3. We got a package with breakfast & transfer.
Buffet breakfast was good too. There was a variety of food to choose from.
4. Wifi was available throughout the resort.
5. The private beach is worth a visit.
6. The 2 bedroom pool villa, room 217 has the best view ever. Really.
We were lucky to get that villa. We also got villa 215 which is not too bad.
The room was huge and clean and perfect. There was a leakage from the fridge but the staff fixed it within minutes after we checked in.
7. They provided complimentary chocolates n fruits n bottles of water. & even gave both villas a bottle of Red Wine. (Due to some miscommunication during check in -- great gesture)
8. We had dinner at Tree Tops. The food was good and the service was top notch.

I will definitely recommend Banyan Tree Bintan and this wont be my last visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank syanagz

Dear syanagz,

Thank you for recommending Banyan Tree Bintan. It is delightful to know that your visit in June won’t be your last one.

Our check-in time is at 3 p.m. to allow our Housekeeping team to clean and refresh your room after a departure. Early check-in can be accommodated when there is any availability however we also provide a small locker area for our guests who arrive much before the standard check in time.
I have noted there was a communication issue during your check-in and I am glad that we were able to resolve it to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your comment on Hendra; please rest assured that I have shared it through our notice board.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Bintan sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in one of the Villas on the Rocks - June 13-15. We had a very nice stay.

The room was clean and well appointed. We loved that we could lie in bed listening to the waves with a beautiful view of the bay. We didn't use the private pool much, but it was big and the outdoor seating area was very comfortable.

The room was a bit expensive for the location, but the staff was so friendly and helpful and the food was so good that it was worth it in the end. If you don't golf there may not be enough to do for a weeklong stay, but if you do golf the cheap greens fees on 3 nearby courses should me you happy.

Final note - we had the dinner on the rocks - what a fantastic night. The high quality food, secluded location and private waiter were worth the (relatively high) price tag. We ate among the waves and under the stars - unforgettable. To top it off, while we were eating they decorated our room with candles, flower petals and towel art (did I coin that phrase?) - apparently that was part of the dinner on the rocks experience. They had me at the wine.

Final final note - we loved the staff - cleaners to waiters to buggy drivers - all sweet, happy and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank GriffinSingapore

Dear GriffinSingapore,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
I am delighted to learn that we had successfully created a lovely stay for you and your wife.

Inspired by a traditional fisherman’s village and surrounded by a natural rainforest along the shoreline of a pristine beach, we offer the luxury of time and space to bask in the nature. I am glad that you could experience all that.

For our guests who are looking for a fun-filled getaway we have over 101 activities to enjoy including jet ski, water ski, ATV ride, nature walk and many more.

I am happy to note that we were able to host a fantastic night with our Dinner on the Rocks. I hope on your next visit you will get to experience our other destination dining.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to Banyan Tree Bintan in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

So helpful and great service. My 2-year-daughter saw so many animals here, and she always mentioned about the sea and the towel-made-crocodile from HSKP. My father also enjoyed his birthday here.It's a good place to enjoy the blue sky and sea.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sophie T,

I am very happy to note that our staff had been helpful to you and that we were able to deliver a great service during your stay with us.

Indeed, being surrounded by a tropical rainforest, it is easy to find the wild life within our resort. I am also glad to learn that your father had enjoyed his birthday with Banyan Tree Bintan.

Thank you for wonderful comment.
Meanwhile I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.