I will never recommend this hotel to any of friends. First of all we came there with our 2 kids (2 and 3 years old) and the whole our familly and we didn`t expect that it so dangerous to come there with kids. We took a 2-bedroom bungalow, but when we entered and saw the precipice of 100 meters without any fence or protection we were terrified. Of course it is not the fault of hotel but of our travel agent, but they could have prevent at least.
Then my mom called me in tears, telling that her "beautifull" bungalow stands on the piles above some air-condition system which is so loud that it doesn`t even let her hear what I`m telling her back. The regular bungalows are very small for this price and don`t even have the cupbort big enough to keep there cloth for 2 persons.
The room service is very slow. The table was cleaned up the next day at best. While at night all local animals (bats, ravens, insects) were enjoing a left dinner crying.
That was only the beginning! On the 30th of december when we arrived and tried to reserve a table for us to celebrate the New Year, we were told that the restaurants are fully booked and that we won`t be even able to order from room service cose it will be closed for this night (this is not the way we expected to spend the new year night). Only after 1 hour argument with managment they managed to provide us a table.
The food in restaurants is not good at all. More over, after 2 days my husband and my dad felt sick and, I`m sorry, had to spend 2 days aroud the toilet. And what was the worst, my older son who is only 3 years old feld so sick, that we had to go to hospital to Singapore, where we stayed for 24hours!!! The diacrisis was "acute intoxication because of bad food". The doctor said us that they get regulary patients with same problems from Bintan.
Or course there were some good points: beautifull nature, sea and beach. But it doens`t worth going there so far only for this, without getting other things which come together with the notion "good holiday".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands