The only people who would come here and think it's a nice and luxurious resort are people who haven't been to other Banyan Tree resorts.
This is by far the only Banyan Tree resort I've experienced, that is actually rundown! What these people dont know is that you get a very much nicer and more luxurious villa at pretty much the same price (among its branches in the equator, I believe the UAE and Maldives Banyan Trees are pricier).
I'm not sure if age is the only factor attributed to the rundown state of this place. As a regular Banyan Tree customer, I'm quite sure that the first Banyan Tree was the Phuket one, yet the Phuket one still looks very nice and new and in a much better condition than this!
The whole place needs a major overhaul. And its not just that it's old. From the furnishings and interiors I could tell its a lot less luxe right at the start compared to Banyan Tree Phuket and Maldives.
The island itself is very boring with nothing to see or do, the villa's rundown condition doesn't help this fact, since it means you are trapped in the resort. I wouldn't have minded being trapped in a villa in Amanpulo, Philippines or Amankila, Bali.
In fact, being a fan of the Banyan Tree brand, this disturbs me greatly. I wonder why the group even allows this property to exist in this state (although I learnt Angsana is also under them, and check out the reviews on Angsana in Bintan).
If this was the only Banyan Tree I'd ever experienced, I'd have blacklisted the Banyan Tree brand when I shop for resort stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands