Angsana Bintan
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$168
US$130
US$194
US$184
US$94
US$83
Agoda.com
Banyan Tree Bintan(Bintan Island)
US$510
US$402
US$610
US$153
US$102
Agoda.com
Bintan Spa Villa Beach Resort(Bintan Island)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$82
Agoda.com
Hotel Panorama(Tanjung Pinang)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$17
Priceline
US$630
Nirwana Gardens
Club Med Bintan Island(Lagoi)
US$674
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
1,744 results
All reviewslotus cafepantai grillbanyan treeferry terminalus dollarsbaby turtlesprivate beachsister hotelbeach restaurantnice beachjet skiwhite sandy beachsand fliesother resortswelcome drinkthe south china seaspa treatments
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We went to Bintan for 4 days with our 3 children ages 5, 3 and 1. It was exactly what we wanted. A beautiful beach only steps away from the hotel. We stayed at the Angsana suite, with 2 bedrooms with our helper, it's very spacious, with a little garden and a deck to have our meals outside. The staff of the hotel were very kind. I only missed some kitchenware to prepare something simple for the kids to eat.. The suite has a kitchenette but it doesn't have any pan or anything. Also it's difficult to find a place to buy anything outside of the hotel. The closest store, 10 min away by shuttle bus, has little to buy and very overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
BTGroup, Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for having shared your experience here on TripAdvisor.

It has been a joy for me to read that you and the family did find exactly what you had been looking for here at the Angsana Bintan. Thank you so much for your kind words on our associates. Our staff is and has always been our biggest asset and we are very proud of our people here indeed.

Thank you further for your constructive suggestions to provide kitchen ware in our Angsana Suites. I can certainly see the benefit especially when travelling with children and shall take this into consideration for future improvement..

Once again, thank you for having chosen to stay with us at Angsana Bintan and we would certainly be delighted to be of service to you again in the future.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Have decided to stay at Angsana after reading reviews here and know what to expect.
-room after renovation but still not impressive at all but they will burn different oil at bathroom everyday and have nice balcony viewing beach and pool.
-Lucky we reserved the spa during hotel booking, it is a bit costly... but it is a heavenly experience, me and my husband are so glad we came. Thank Jasmine and Daisy for their wonderful service, i feel like she cares about me more than I do. We sure will come back for the treatment.
-Food is great, reasonable price and lots of choices and also can eat at Banyan tree, we tried the Cove, seating outdoor at night and it is fantastic.
-Beach is nice, pool is great but there is jellyfish so cannot enjoy ourselves in the beach so much.
-Overall service is excellent. But they could be careless and forgetful. e.g. I have $50 credit in my bill and they completely forgotten. Lucky my husband remind me before we left and we have to change the bill completely. When we have lunch at the grill, they forgot my soup and refill water and since the atmosphere is too good, you will just let it go.
We enjoy our time during the stay and will come back soon!
(but the reception desk is too high for Asian, the staff can only see my head and it is really tiring to tiptoe and talk to them)

Room Tip: I stay at 2nd floor but staff told me 4th floor room will be great.

Dear waichisg

Greetings from sunny Bintan!

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay with us at Angsana Bintan on your recent vacation. I am also very thankful to you for having taken the time to write this interesting review.

I am certainly happy to learn that you have had an overall delightful stay with us and that you have enjoyed eating at our many Food and Beverage outlets. Thank you so much for your kind words on our service quality and the encouraging praise for Ms. Jasmine and Ms. Daisy from the SPA. Both of the mentioned associates have received a personal thank you letter from our AVP/Regional Director SPA operations for their excellent contributions.

On the other hand, I have duly taken note of certain shortfalls that you have experienced during your stay and I would like to extend my unreserved apologies to you for any inconveniences that have been caused to you. The issues mentioned by your good self namely the mistake in billing and the service lapses you have experienced at our Pantai Grill and Bar have been discussed and shared during our Management meeting so that immediate improvements can be made. Once again – I am very sorry for the shortfalls here.

It would be lovely to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Angsana Bintan in the near future and in the meantime I wish you a good day!

1,Service
All staff are friendly,but one of them offer to us write down good assessment for him,he is temporary worker in this hotel.We were really disappointed.Because we just arrived at hotel,he said to us how write down letter for the his manager.

2,Food
Foods are always not so good,this is not worth to eat...too expensive.
Only private BBQ was quite nice.

3,Room
As attached pictures, sofa,table,bed,and desk are just normal.
Unfortunately in the garden,grass grow up too much,they didn't maintain very well.

4,Facility
Swimming pool is good
Beach is much better than Banyan.
Restaurants are only 3.

5.Other
If you want to go "Pasa ole ole" which is local market,hotel would arrange taxi.
This fee is expensive, it is 25S$.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank rrww
BTGroup, Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Dear rrww,

Greetings from Angsana Bintan!

Please allow me to take this opportunity to first and foremost thank you for having selected the Angsana Bintan as your preferred destination for your recent getaway to Bintan.

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback on TripAdvisor and we do very much value your opinion.

I would like to apologize to you that one of our temporary associates has made you feel uncomfortable and I am very sorry for this particular associate’s behavior. Please trust that it is neither the policy nor the intention of our resort or its associates to ever make any of our valued patrons feel this way. I have therefore discussed your comments with the management team so that we can avoid such situations from arising again in the future.

I have taken note of your comments regarding our food, the facilities in your room; especially the sofa, table, bed and the maintenance of the garden. I would like to extend my unreserved apologies for not having met your expectations in these areas. We are very committed to putting guest feedback such as the one we have received from your good self to good use for future improvements.

I am certainly pleased to read that you have enjoyed our pool and hope that above shortfalls have not marred your stay with us.

I sincerely hope you would give us the opportunity to provide you with an overall better experience when you may visit us again in the future. We would certainly be delighted to be of service to you again.

Once again, thank you very much for you time and your feedback.

Have nice day!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Having stayed in Angsana Bintan in Nov 2011 in a hotel unit and Jun 2011 in a renovated hotel unit and recently celebrated our birthdays in Jul 2011 in a 1 bedroom suite. I must say the renovated Angsana makes a world of difference. Most important the beds in the 1 BR suite are all with plush tops that makes you sleep really soundly in bed. The decor also makes you feel comfortable. The staff service and friendliness have been maintained since our first visit - they strive to serve and make an effort to greet you and feel welcome. We will be back again hopefully very soon. Comfort with a great beach and pool to boot.

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
1  Thank worldwisely
BTGroup, Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Dear worldwisely

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor.

It certainly means a lot to the entire organization to learn that our efforts in renovating and upgrading our Resort and its facilities have been fruitful and making a difference. Your feedback is very motivating and has spurred us to do even better in the future.

I am glad to read that you were pleased with the quality of the newly upgraded “One Bedroom Suite” especially the bed tops and décor, allowing you to sleep soundly and making you feel comfortable.

Please trust that we will not rest on our laurels; we will continue to make every effort in providing you with yet another unforgettable experience when you return to Angsana Bintan.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon and in the meantime I wish you a very good day!

Reviewed 23 July 2011

We spent 3 nights at Angsana in July and I have to admit feeling some trepidation prior to going based on reviews in Trip Advisor. Nevertheless I went as it seemed to me that everyone's expectations are different. We are so glad we went. Our deluxe room meet our expectations and being able to see the beach from our room and yet semi-jungle and privacy on the other side was a bonus. I adored the pool and will long treasure laying in the jet area under a blue sky and eating frozen watermelon brought by the staff. The staff were always attentive and helpful and altogether is was a delightful experience. We will return same time next year but this time for an extra night so I can participate in the jungle walk. Thank you Angsana for a memorable visit.

Dear Maryrosel,

Greetings from Bintan!

First and foremost, thank you very much for having selected Angsana Bintan as your preferred resort in Bintan for your recent vacation. We are very thankful you had kindly taken the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

It is such an encouraging testimony that we have been able to convince you of having made the right choice. I am delighted to hear that your accommodation has met your expectation and that you have spent quality time enjoying the view from your room as well as relaxing in our pool.

Thank you for your kind words on the friendliness and attentiveness of our associates. The team was certainly very proud to have received such high praise from your good self.

We are very much looking forward to your return to Angsana Bintan next year.

In the meantime I wish you a good day!