“Great hospitality and a great resort!”
Review of Angsana Bintan

Angsana Bintan
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Bintan Island
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The service are very friendly, attentive and helpful. Felt like a VIP and they didn't failed to greet you with a warm smile. They even go the extra mile to co-ordinate with me for a surprise for my girlfriend! I took the Deluxe Queen Room facing the sea and pool. Nice view! You may wanna read a book at the balcony while enjoying the sound of the sea~

My girlfriend and I tried Angsana Spa for consecutive two days! Both their garden view and sea view Spa room are good. The therapist are very professional and detailed. This is also my first time trying the hot stone spa and it was a great experience. The only headache is choosing what spa you want because you are spoiled with choices.
Be advise to reserve early (suggest to do so after you check in) for your desired time slot.

Food - Pantai grill serve nice seafood and good ambiance beside the beach. Wish to have dinner at the fisherman's table but the windy weather did not permit so. Lotus cafe serve nice local delights. Tried the Redang beef + rice.. yummy!

Overall, a awesome stay @ Angsana. My girlfriend and I had no doubt that we will definitely book Angsana hotel again the next time we are in Bintan.

Room Tip: High floor = good view of the sea!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Johnstanno
There are newer reviews for Angsana Bintan

Reviewed 6 February 2012

In between my wife's and my birthday I decided to take on a reservation to this resort in Bintan island,just 55 minutes away by ferry from Singapore. She had suggested so many times about it, and now I was able to pay for it, that I saw the Angsana web page and fell in love with the concept.

One thing of the utmost importance in the service industry i s to make customers feel special and really taken care of. This is the first impression you get as you arrive at this resort.They have you seated and give you personal attention for the check in,you do not have to do a thing, they will do it for you and "will not touch your money" like our receptionist told us,which makes it even more fun.

There were some details to consider,such as the fact that in the evenings there was housekeeping service and they were knocking on our door in spite of having the notice for privacy displayed.

Other than that I strongly recommend their spa. They were simply excelsior and is definitely the best part and most taken care of detail of this resort. If I ever go back it will be because of it.

Room Tip: Take the deluxe queen size bed,it is amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Hotel compound looks old and not well maintained, everything looks like the 90s, room was dimly lit, poorly furnished (painted over obviously old and worn furniture), albeit clean, the floor, curtains, bathroom, door, wall are extremely "dirty and old" looking and there's is NO full length mirror in the room! I was told that all the rooms are not furnished with any full length mirrors. I have been to countless resorts and hotels (from 5 stars to budget), this by far in my top 5 worst stay ever. I don't think I would return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vanille C
Reviewed 3 February 2012

First of all the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The resort itself is on a pretty piece of coastline, the pool is nice, they have a fair amount of destractions for kids like a game room, kids club, and cinema room for wet days.
For adults, a few tours, and of course the spa!
Food was nice but of course not cheap. As for the alcohol prices, it could almost put you off drinking! Almost!
Room had a lovely water view, so you could easily while away a few hours there on the balcony. We travelled with our young son, so found it a little cramped. But then again why would you stay inside.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Being so close to Singapore and looking at the water and seas off Singapore I was really very very surprised to see how beautiful and clear the water and beaches are at this resort. I note that a few times reviews mention oil from tankers near by; must be my luck that the three times I have been here I have had no such experience. The staff are great; the rooms have been recently renovated (ok maybe not much difference) but who comes to a resort to stay in the room. There is not much choice in Bintan for anything outside your resort, most resorts are pretty much isolated and there is no real City/town to go to; but again most people come for the beach, and to relax. Not much choice here for food, but the coffee shop offers authentic Indonesian cuisine and the prices are very reasonable. For a weekend or few days away, I would recommend this hotel; also it shares the great beach with its more expensive sibling Banyan Tree; you pay less but get the same beach haha!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Love spending my vacation time in Angsana Bintan. The resort has its own private beach, that was just beautiful. The hotel staff were all helpful and they remembered guests' name. They did leave a box of chocolate during the Lunar New Year's Eve, it was a nice surprise.
The only disappointment is that there was no water sport available during my stay :(

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2012

the resort is excellent with great service staff , we reached early by a ferry from S'pore and hotel staff provided us an early check in prior to our schedule....it was a dream destination for us ... private beach has crystal water and excellent scenic beauty ... perfect place for honeymoon and family vacation.... also their property nect door Banayan Tree is wow... I would surely come back here ...i would definatly recommend this resort,,,,

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Grand Lagoi Village Bintan
Grand Lagoi Village Bintan
#6 of 36 in Bintan Island
Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club

Been to Angsana Bintan? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Angsana Bintan

Address: Jl. Teluk Berembang | Laguna, Bintan Regency, Riau Islands Province 29155, Indonesia
Region: Indonesia > Riau Islands Province > Riau Archipelago > Bintan Regency > Bintan Island
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#4 Spa Hotel in Bintan Island
#4 Luxury Hotel in Bintan Island
#5 On the Beach Hotel in Bintan Island
Price Range: £88 - £202 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Angsana Bintan 5*
Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan