US$168
US$83
US$194
US$184
Travelocity
Banyan Tree Bintan(Bintan Island)
US$510
US$402
US$610
US$153
US$102
Agoda.com
Bintan Spa Villa Beach Resort(Bintan Island)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$82
Agoda.com
Hotel Panorama(Tanjung Pinang)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$17
Priceline
US$630
Nirwana Gardens
Club Med Bintan Island(Lagoi)
US$674
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
1,744 results
All reviewslotus cafepantai grillbanyan treeferry terminalus dollarsbaby turtlesprivate beachsister hotelbeach restaurantnice beachjet skiwhite sandy beachsand fliesother resortswelcome drinkthe south china seaspa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Upon arrival at the resort, the staff greeted arriving guests with some great smile which I find it really nice of them. Prior to my stay, I had requested for a little surprise to be arrange for my fiance's birthday which I am more then grateful that the resort had done up some decoration in my room and also put in a complimentary birthday cake. One of the thing which we really enjoy in Angsana is the Spa. I had read some reviews saying that it has one of the best spa around in Bintan which we do not hesitate to give it a try during our stay. The friendly staff in the spa takes the effort to explain the flow of the session and all the ingredient that is going to be use during the message are very professional which we find it relatively surprise with such good knowledge and effort that the resort had put in.

A little downside to the stay is that the pricing are kind of high on the food and beverages. Also it may be due to the age of the resort which there are some areas that should need some proper upkeep and maintenance. But overall the stay was great and we will definitely return to Angsana during our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The place just looks old, but charges as though brand new. And they know there is demand for places in Bintan, so why not just gouge here and there from guests just extortionate prices as they know there is no where else to go. So charging US$8++ for a big bottle of water they deem reasonable, I am sorry but that is just highway robbery. But don't just think the water is like that, everything is like that. And it isn't of any quality. For a first time visitor to a Bintan hotel I am just put off by the whole place. And the kicker in the teeth was having to check out by 12, but with a 230 bus to the ferry they cut off the crappy wi-fi for us to access. To be honest, consider other holiday locations besides Bintan as it isn't worth the hassle of being ripped off constantly.

Room Tip: For those in Singapore. it is easier to fly somewhere else for the same time frame
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Taipan49
ANIDBN, Ilias Vamvakas, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Taipan49,

Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced with us during your stay.

I regret to hear of your disappointment regarding our pricing policy in our property. Allow me to point out that we are looking into our pricing on a monthly basis to be in line in comparison to other resorts in Bintan.

With regards to the checkout time if there was a possibility to extent until your ferry departure we would have been delighted to accommodate your request.

Internet usage is free and can be used until departure.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Angsana Bintan in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Familiar with Bintan but this is the first time at Angsana resort; it is decent for the price, great staff, clean place and easily accessible. The spa is wonderful and comes with a great view, very helpful and well-trained staff - one of the highlights was the activities with a trainer, Benny. He is the water aerobics teacher, mountain biking pro, volleyball coach, golfer, good for those who prefer not to lounge around the pool or beach - great attitude and full of personality! Downside of this place, skip the aglio olio, swimming pool water seems very warm on a hot day, exterior of the property seem old but well maintained inside. Definitely go again.

Room Tip: Ground level is good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jazhel L
Reviewed 2 November 2013

If I knew how to contact the Indonesian health authorities about this place, I would. I've never eaten such a filthy breakfast with flies all over the meat/cheese/fruit, nothing was in the fridge in the tropical weather, filthy drains leak filthy water in the courtyard right next to the dining area. There was actually only one restaurant and no air conditioning other than the very shabby rooms. How they get away with charging 5 star prices at 3 star resorts I'll never know.

I'm currently writing an article about Angsana and the neighbouring Banyan Tree to warn people about the state of this place. I've contacted the hotel several times and so has the booking agent. We've sent them photosThey really don't care if you get sick here, it's not their problem so they don't bother answering.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank remarkable_travels
ANIDBN, Ilias Vamvakas, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear remarkable_travels,

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you experienced in regards to your stay here at Angsana Bintan.

We received your dissatisfaction statement from your agent on the 6th October 2013 and I have personally replied to your Agent on the 8th October 2013. In case you have not received my reply from your agent please forward your e-mail address to ilias.vamvakas@angsana.com and I will forward you a copy.

Let me assure you that your observations have been taken seriously and your feedback was shared with each Department Head to ensure follow-up is taken place on our shortcomings.

Since last month the project to seal off the AC buffet counter area in the Lotus Cafe in order to prevent the flies has been completed.

I am very confident that your experience was an exception and it’s my sincere hope that we can welcome you back to demonstrate the true Angsana hospitality we normally offer.

Again my sincere apology for our shortcomings.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel is far from being a 5 star hotel as proclaimed . It is really run down, poorly maintained and needs a complete facelift. The personnel is very kind. Food quality is poor and overall when you pay 900 dollars for a family suite you expect another level of performance from the hotel. Hotel management is poor. We complained and were given a 15 % discount on our bill , but got no confidence that anything will be done to improve it. Room was smelling of chemical and mould when we got in. I have travelled around the world and in many places in south East Asia: this was for sure my worst experience . I would have had no problem to spend 200 dollars more to get what a 5 star should give you. I would struggle to qualify this place as a 3 star. Positive point: beach very nice and golf course right next door. When I was leaving at the reception where you book the spa I lifted the lid of the container that was supposed to contain a massage unguent and it was full of ants: yet the hotel manger was right next to me and did not even see it! Unbelievable!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear PaoloCH2013

Please accept my unreserved apologies for the negative experience you encountered during your stay with us.

Speaking to you on the day of departure I was sorry to hear that your accommodation and the food quality was not up to your expectation. On the same day my Housekeeper, Engineer in Charge and myself went in all the accommodation units which you and your family occupied to inspect and to rectify the short comings which you mentioned. In addition I asked my Area Executive Chef to revisit the dishes in both properties and to  fine tune the recipes were necessary.

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our associates, the beach and our Laguna Golf Course.

I deeply appreciated the fact that you have taken the time to point out all the short comings and for given me the opportunity to rectify the areas you mentioned.   Looking very much forward to welcome you and family back in the future to Angsana Bintan.