My husband and I stayed at the Angsana for two nights as a getaway from Singapore. The location and private beach is a definite plus - we never had any problem finding a sun lounger and the view was beautiful. We also found the service to be good - especially at the restaurant/bar on the beach. However the hotel itself is very tired, and we were really disappointed with our room (especially considering now much it cost per night!) Our room was dated, dingy and generally in need of a renovation. Our patio doors didn't open properly - on the second morning we couldn't get to our swim wear (that we had left drying outside) as the doors were completely stuck. It wasn't a room we wanted to spend any time in.
We also booked to eat at the Fisherman's Table (on the beach) the second night. This was also really disappointing - we didn't enjoy the food at all and as a word of warning I got bitten alive (despite wearing repellent). The first night we ate at the sister hotel (Banyan Tree) and that was lovely!
Overall we won't be staying at the Angsana again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands