I stayed at this resort with my mum for a 3 day mini break from Singapore. The location is beautiful, with the beach very clean and the water very clear.
The resort is a little dated, but is still very clean and pretty. There is a fantastic pool and the resort activities are very good. You can hire jet skis, stand up paddle boards, canoes etc. I rented a paddle board for 1 hour for $12USD. The activities are not included in the accommodation cost like at other resorts I have been too.
There are a large selection of daily activities that change each day so there is always something new to do. These included traditional fishing, cooking class, jungle walks, to name a few.
The two restaurants had a wonderful selection of local and western dishes and room service was very prompt. The food sizes very quite large, but also quite expense for what they were.
I strongly advise stocking up on drinks and snacks before you reach the resort as a can of coke will set you back $6USD from the mini bar. A Bintan beer was $8USD
The stand out feature of this resort for me was the spa. I use a spa at every place I stay, and of all the Asian resorts I have been to, the Angsana Spa is in my top 10 best ever. The treatment options were fantastic as was the massage.
Overall the experience was a lovely relaxing one, but I'm not sure it justified the prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands