We arrived in Bintan via Singapore on a ferry. Be prepared for the visa charge at customs as we were caught un-aware. The short coach trip from the ferry terminal is only 20 minutes. we arrived to a beautiful resort. After checking in we went to our room we initially were in he Delux room and were a little disappointed. Small and very old fashiond. They kindly upgrade us to a bigger room, still old fashioned but a better size.
We went straight to lunch. oh my god the food here is amazing. After walking around we were so happy with the choice of resort, one of the best pool areas i have ever seen.
Everything is in US$ here but they will accept Singapore $. Be prepared to pay for the food and beer. it is not cheap. But you have too eat. So jut enjoy, charge to your room and worry about it later
We found a local bus that takes to to a little shopping area called Pessar Oleh Oleh, Beer, Chips, Smokes everything is cheap as. So I suggest stock up there. You will pay s$6 return trip but well worth the short trip. You can eat there and it is VERY cheap but i didnt like the food there.
If you like Golf this is the resort for you, The great Greg Norman course is just next door. I played in the week and got a caddy felt very posh. Loved it, played 3 games and I suggest a caddy, there course knowledge is worth it.
There are several great restaurants around this complex, TreeTops and The Cove were one of our favourites.
The staff is what makes this hotel, within 24 hours all staff knew my surname and greeted me this way. The service is first class. never seen anything like it.
We have had a great holiday. Be preapred to spoilt, they really look after you here. Try the local food it is great. The only thing that let this resort down was the rooms, but you only sleep there so that is ok.
There is also Free Bottled water and Free Wifi in the lobby which I was impressed by. Other hotels make money from this.
I would suggest no more than 5 to 6 nights here as there is not much to do than relax. ( oh and play golf )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands