My wife booked a night at this place for us. Its our second time to Bintan on the prior trip we stayed at the somewhat run-down but well-priced and well-located Mayang Sari. Considering that Angsana was considerably pricier than Sari (where we also stayed a single night), we were expecting something significantly better. Certainly, the rooms and overall upkeep of this hotel was better than Sari and the service at each step was exceptional but still couldn't help feeling we were paying a bit too much.
Our room was spacious and comfortable but not spectacular and if you're a beach person (like me) then Sari's beach location is far superior as their villas open right on the sand and have great ocean views. Angsana in this sense has more of a pure hotel room as ours with its balcony overlooked the pool and the sea beyond. The grounds are reasonably pretty but I felt the room lacked character. It was neither plush nor rustic.
However, the activities at this place were great. My wife and I rode ATVs for the first time and our excellent guide (Ardi, ask for him) took us right into the jungle where we got to drive on beautiful and rugged trails that ranged from close-set jungles to open beaches. At one point we felt like we were in a video game! We also took the day and night tour of the mangrove river and both tours are also highly recommended. At night we dined at the excellent Saffron restaurant (see other review) at the sister Banyan Tree resort next door.
The staff was all smiles and embarrassingly helpful a real plus over Mayang Sari where it was certainly more of a mixed bag. My wife had arranged a nice birthday surprise for me and the staff fulfilled to a T. Not one unpleasant encounter. I would rate the staff 6 stars if I could.
All in all, we were satisfied but this place was a bit expensive. I suppose some of it is because it has a bit of a monopoly as a nearby and yet exotic getaway for anyone coming in from Singapore. Fair enough, but still. Would we come back? Yes, but likely for an equally short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands