“A great break”

Angsana Bintan
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Bintan Island
“A great break”
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Spent a short yet memorable birthday trip at Angsana. As this was a birthday treat from the hubby, I pretty much had no idea how the resort will be since I didnt get the chance to do any research on it.

The positives :The staff were friendly and polite. The resort has its own private beach which is well maintained and safe to dip into. The pool is pretty and kept clean. My husband, baby and I enjooyed ourselves very much there. We stayed in the one bedroom suite which was spacious, clean and tidy. The resort provided fragrance sticks which guests could use and I like this as it brings about a great smell in the room.

The negatives were that it took pretty long for us to get into our room, probably because the resort was swarmed with Singapore tourists who were away for the National Day long weekend. It was also warm at the main restaurant of the resort as it was an open concept with no air conditioning.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Suliani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
london
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I booked a 2 night stay in a Angsana Suite for my parents, including ourselves and our 3yr old. As the suites were fully taken the previous day, we had to wait till 3pm before we were finally allowed to check-in to the room.

For US$400 a night, I am sorely disappointed with the condition of the room. Everything was old and musky and things were falling apart..The telephone in the living room didn't work, our tv needed adjusting and a majority of channels don't work, the AC controller in the living room didn't work, our jacuzzi didn't work., and the one of the kitchen doors were falling out...

We even had lizards in our living room and bedroom, which was quite distressing even though they were harmless..it just didn't look right.

Buffet breakfast was below average, the fried rice/noodles were too oily, and the fresh juices were pretty bland, dunno why..

The beach was lovely, and the pool too when it was less crowded..my girl loved the kids club which was airconditioned and kept clean n tidy.

We had a massage done on Day 2 and that was great too. We were given a couple's room located nearest to the beach and had a great view of the sea.

Overall, we enjoyed ourselves, but I won't be back here until there is a major refurbishment done to the rooms.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This is the 4th time i am back at Angsana and i booked the Angsana Suite for 4 adults and 2 tots. They provided a cot for free for my 1yr old. Rooms are indeed abit old and musky. My grouses: repair works next door which was noisy during the afternoon when my tots were napping. However the din stopped almost immediately once i called the reception.

The jacuzzi tub was great for my tots and they enjoyed it very much when we were not the beach or pool. The suite was also spacious with a big lawn in front of it and its just next to the pool.

Great service staff and spa. The kids club is free for resort guests and again my tots loved it there! I will definitely head back to Angsana again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Just from the pictures I expected to be the hotel slighty more modern than it actually was. Especcially the bathroom would need some renovation in near future, buts ts still OK. The entrance hall is impressive, the breakfast was good, so was the Spa (very good actualy, especcialy the outside rooms)
The location directly at the beach is very nice, the swimming pool is good as well. The hotel offers different activities every day such as wateraeobic and snorkeling. The BBQ for dinner was great, good life music and good food! Reservation is required but can be made the very same day.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2010

accomodation is good, excellent people, i love when i woke up i the morning and i already can see the beach infront of my room

Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Sudbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Just spent 3 nights at Agsana. We went as a long weekend getaway with our 2 small children (2 and 4). Nearly everything was perfect. The water at the beach was clear and calm - perfect for small children. The pool was magnificent - the various sections kept my kids (and me) amused for hours. The atmosphere in general was extremely kid-friendly - more than half the people seemed to have small kids with them. Massage at the spa is highly recommended (a mere $75 for 90 minutes). Food was not cheep, but then again not expensive. We were pleasantly surprised that they never charged us for our kids at the breakfast buffet or seafood bbq (weekends).

Only small negative side is that the staff at the restaurant, while well-intentioned, can be painfully slow (I got my cocktail delivered after my dinner was over instead of before) and don't always seem to understand english so well (we witnessed a young kid get sick on the floor and it took us telling at least 5 different staff members about this before they took care of it, nearly 20 minutes after the incident with people actually walking through it- very gross to have to see at breakfast...).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2010

A perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of Singapore.
Approximately 45-90 minutes away from Singapore, this is a perfect place to unwind, be pampered in massages and spa, read your book, go for a swim, eat, sleep and do it all over again the next day!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple