“Great hotel for a conference or weekend away”
Review of Angsana Bintan

Angsana Bintan
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Bintan Island
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend with a few friends and we had an amazing time. This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel, and the service, rooms and other aspects were great both times.

For those coming to the hotel for leisure, the hotel has a nice beach and pool. The activity centre of the hotel is great for organizing watersports. We went jet skiing, waterskiing and wakeboarding. The spa at the hotel is perfect, and the prices very reasonable. The hotel concierge also kindly drove me and my friends to our dinner at Banyan Tree next door.

The hotel is also next to a golf course so it's great for golfers. There are also a few other courses around the area which are easy to get to.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband, my sister-in-law and I had a great holiday In Bintan Angsana. This resort is half a hour by ferry from Singapore. We had two one bedroom suites which are nice decorated with local painting and stuffs. The living room is quite big, with a kitchen and dining table in dining area. Our suites are facing the ocean, so basically you can have the ocean view from your bed.

The premises are quite large, nice garden, pond and more. The beach is long, you can really swim in the bay because no many strong waves.

The dinner was really impressive, it's like a paradise of food, a few booths led by paths, seafood barbecue place, live music with a philippine band. They were so lovely and sang great.

Many choices at breakfast, and absolutely dellicious.

We will definately come back with family.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I am so dispointed in the Banyan tree. Becuase this time we are staying at Angsana, so would like to visit Banyan Tree. We went to lunch in treetop.
When we reach there, we waited for the buggy to bring us to treetop. It wass raining so your staff asked us to walk to the buggy without shelter, is only a short distance so i dun't mind. But when we reach tree top, the rain is so heavy, and you staff don't even bother to offer us an umbrella ask us to go down and walk ourself. And please bear in mind i got 2 kids with me, they are only 4 and 8. They have to run there, and when we are in the restaurnat some of the guests also pity us, because my kids are wet.They even ask me to complain to the spot. I told them no choice as we are not a guest in Banyan tree.But how can u look down on us, we are still paying your restaurant when we eat there. I thought Angsana and Banyan tree is under same management

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
BTGroup, Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2010

Dear pinphyllis,

Greetings from Angsana Bintan.

First and foremost, allow me to convey my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your visit to Tree Tops Restaurant at our sister resort, Banyan Tree Bintan. Do rest assured that these are not on par with the high standards set by the resort and corrective actions have been taken to avoid future recurrence.

Thank you once again for bringing your experience to our attention. We greatly value your patronage and we certainly do hope that this isolated incident will not mar your impression of Angsana or Banyan Tree Bintan. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort, giving us the chance to reinstate ourselves in your good faith.

Best regards,

Herman Foo
Hotel Manager
Angsana Bintan

Reviewed 8 September 2010

What a wonderful and relaxing experience. The staff has been extremely friendly. After a mix-up with the room at check in almost everything was perfect. The restaurant prices are all quoted in US $ wheras on the rest of the Bintan resorts the Singapore $ is king. The US $ prices in Angsana and Banyan Tree are much higher than in other resorts and the food quality is not really better. We helped us to the Nirwana Gardens with an excellent fish restaurant "Kellong"and an incridbly stylish Japanese restaurant "Rin" with exceptional Japanese dishes. So stay at the Angsana and eat sometimes in other restaurants which also provide free pick-up services. We definitely will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wama10
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Seeing that it's ranked right below Banyan Tree, I had high expectations for the resort. I was really disappointed, most of all by the hotel room (USD$130 a night Superior room). It was cramped and dingy, and the tv was placed on the left and front of the bed, which gave me a bad neck ache.
The spa was really over priced. I went for the "Dreams" massage and was asked which part of the body i wanted them to concentrate on. I told them they should concentrate on my head and they sort of scratched at it for a good 10mins. It was neither soothing nor even comfortable.
There were a few good points though. The service throughout was excellent, everyone was really polite. The beach was quiet with clear waters, and a service staff brought us watermelon popsicles. The pool was quiet as well and the deck chairs were relatively coomfortable with fluffy yellow beach towels.
All in all, Angsana has seen the last of me.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arubinkoku
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I took a "girls" holiday at the Angsana Resort... I would recommend staying in one of the 'regular' rooms and spend your money on food and beverages (like Singapore in terms of alcohol prices). The bedding is adequate, room is clean, and our balcony had a nice view of the pool/ocean. The beach is better at Angsana than the Banyan Tree... and it is a short walk over to the other hotel (which we did for a fantastic dinner). The breakfast spread was plentiful... man beverage choices with exotic fruits, great cheeses, bagels, cereal, etc. etc. We thoroughly enjoyed it - it was included in the room - and we enjoyed the ocean breezes. We also ate on the property for a dinner and a few lunches. Portion size was great, so we often split dishes to try. Everything was delicious. The service in the restaurant was great. We also got massages - the spa was lovely. It was about $1 per minute for a massage, equivalent to what I'd have in the states.

The pool was clean with jets. I only wish it was easier to get beverages (we could ask for service at the towel stand, but it was spotty) etc. But, we would just order ahead. The buffet dinner we had at the beach was nice, but the dessert offerings were amazing. I will remember the pistachio creme brule. The music was nice and the sea was warm and beach was clean.

Overall, I had a wonderful 2 nights. We didn't go do any excursions (just relaxing). But, it was nice to see the monkeys and lizards around the resort on the drive in and out!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank LexingtonTravelor
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We stayed for 3 days over a weekend. For a short trip it was OK since it was a smallish resort. Breakfast was adequate. Services like massages and even the hotel transfer from the jetty were overpriced. The rooms are in need of refurbishing.

On the plus side, the pool scene was relaxing and we did enjoy some excursions like snorkelling. It was also convenient that we could use the facilities next door at the Banyan Tree. The prices were astronomical but the ambience was heavenly. Especially the spa.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business