The ferry from Singapore was at 9AM from the Tanah Merah Ferry terminal. It reached Bintan ferry terminal at 9am(local time) and there was a pick up from Agro beach resort. We had chosen an itenary which included a city tour before heading to the resort. The main town of Bintan is around 1-1.5 hours away from the ferry terminal. The roads are winding with greenery all around. The almost zero traffic on the road was also a plus!!!
Our first stop was the Buddha temple which was supposed to be the biggest on the island. The huge golden buddha is awe inspiring along with various other statues on the side. The stone work all around the temple is magnificient.
From there we headed out for lunch which as a typical Indonesian fare with lots of seafood and chicken. There was a dish of boiled shellfish, where the meat had to be pulled out of the shell. It was supposed to a local delicacy.The next stop was the Ramayana Mall where we indulged in a little bit of shopping.
We then headed out to the resort which was again another 1 hour journey.
The check-in was fairly simple and easy and we were taken in a kind of tuk-tuk to our room. The room was an individual unit made of wood and facing the sea.
It was really beautiful and it felt like you had the entire sea to yourself!! The room was neat and so was the bathroom. There was no earthing in the room and I got a feeble shock when trying to charge my phone.
The main attractions at the resort are the water games. After resting for a while we headed out to try these games. A cloudy sky and timely drizzle added to our fun. At night we had a moonlight dinner(at the Sun Moon Restaurant) in the open by the sea, though the food was nothing great to speak off.
The next day, the low tide in the morning was almost a shock. The entire seabed was visible for a considerable distance. But the sea regained its composure within an hour or two. We had breakfast with decent varities . There is a mini zoo(which is quite sad) and gift shop at the resort. The collection of local indonesian artifacts at the gift shop is good and we ended up buying some of them. The day was mainly spent roaming around the resort and relaxing. After a heavy lunch,at another restaurant within the resort which was really good, we spent some time relaxing by the sea. The return trip to the ferry terminal of an hour was again spent looking at the greenery and long winding roads ahead.
On the whole the trip was fun. It is true that there is nothing much to do in Bintan other than relaxing within the resort. The main towns are all quite far from the resorts. Its also good to carry some Indonesian Rupiah as eventhough they accept the Singapore dollar the conversion rate works out to be a disadvantage for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the new plane of paradise at Bintan Agro Beach Resort.Located in the south-eastern coast of Bintan Island, come revel in the realm of sparkling beaches and picturesque shorelines that will help set your mood for the perfect getaway. Home to a spread of scenic floras, crystal white sands and clear turquoise waters, our resorts nestle along the beachfront-with a cosy touch of perennial decor, friendly services and warm hospitality that will ensure the ideal retreat you deserve. Seafood lovers can also replete with delectable savouries in alfresco dining style that sits above the calm, glistening waters-while you indulge in the panoramic view of a breathtaking seascape.And for those who wish to escape the hordes will consider their time well spent here. With our first-ever ocean side spa on the island, imagine retreating into a calm journey that will soothe your body and mind for the many adventures to come.Appealingly casual and laidback, we have an atmosphere that makes for the perfect vacation. Only at Bintan Agro Beach Resort, experience the perfect holiday destination that will leave you wanting for more.LocationThe island of Bintan is about 40 Km from Singapore. The travel time to Tanjung Pinang is about 1 hour 45 minutes by Sindo Ferry / Wavemaster Ferry and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is situated on the East coast of Bintan and is 45 minutes away from Sri Bintan Pura Ferry Terminal. The travel time to Bintan Resort is about 55 minutes by Bintan Resort Ferries (BRF)and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is 60 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bintan Agro Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Agro Beach Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Agro Beach Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands