“An average hotel for a short trip”
Review of M-Regency Makassar

M-Regency Makassar
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Makassar
Reviewed 29 December 2013

When I checked in to this hotel (formerly known as Mercure hotel), there was a demo held by hotel employees for two days. From time to time the lights off for a few seconds which was quite disturbing. The hotel claimed that electricity cut off was a regular disruption by the state electricity company. The rooms are quite comfortable and clean, the service was friendly, though not a lot of staff available The restaurant manager was responsive, as well as the front office. The hotel's location is also strategic enough and only a few dozen meters from the beach Losari. I felt quite secured staying in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ElShintaPrimadona
Sales M, Owner at M-Regency Makassar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

First of all, we would like to express a great gratitude for taking the time to review our hotel. as a mid scale hotel, we strive to achieve the highest standards of service. and we have been doing so far the past eight years in service.

two points of the review worth being isolated for further investigation. we regret to inform that the two days of demo by employees have never taken place.

the second is the power interruption by the state electricity company was also in question. our hotel has 2 units of fully functional generating sets with the capacity of 800 kva, which cover 145% of the hotel's capacity. therefore well equipped to deal with any external power interruptions in real time.

furthermore, the city of Makassar where the hotel is located does not experience any shortage of electricity for the past 2 years.

therefore, the occurrence of electricity interruption as claimed is particularly strange in nature.

however, we welcome the opportunity for further feedback.

With Kind Regards,
Owner M-Regency Hotel Makassar

Reviewed 25 November 2013

When I called the hotel to book, the front desk lady said that all rooms have sea view. But unfortunately I got superior room facing to the street with generator-like buzzing sound out from the AC box. When the next day I complained, the management offered me neither a smoking room nor a room without any window. Both are worst choies. As the management was not able to compensate by grading-up the room, so then I had to continue to stay in the irritating buzzing and rather run down room with old furniture and stained carpet which refrigerator was locked. I did not ony complain about the room, but also for he service. No tissue paper other than toilet paper in the room, and I also had to call house keeping to ask for soap.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Sulasmiyati

Dear Sirs/Madam

we would like to take the opportunity to apologize for number of short comings experienced while staying at our hotel.

the negative level of service encountered was definitely in contrary with your expectation. therefore, allow us to express our deep and sincere apology.

the fact is half of the hotel rooms have sea views. unfortunately, this has not been communicated properly. the exterior unit of the air conditioning in question has been repaired. as for the choice of smoking rooms, we have only limited number of rooms available. therefore unable to provide 100% of the time.

at the time of your stay, the hotel experienced a very high occupancy and some rooms were being renovated. a mistake was made for offering the room scheduled for maintenance.

i would like to ensure you this will never happen again. tour feedback has been a valuable lesson for our team. again thank you very much for your valuable reviews and wish to have you choose to stay at our hotel to next your visit Makassar.

With kind regards,
Owner M-Regency Hotel Makassar

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, great location (5-10 minute walk to Losari Beach). Clean. Spacious room with a bath-tub. Various breakfast. They provide free saraba (Makassar traditional drink) in the afternoon, more tasty than the one you can buy on the street. Unfortunately, the sound of the outdoor air condition (right in front of our bedroom window) was very loud. Apart from it, we enjoy our staying in this hotel. :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Veralie
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is not an Accor Mercure Hotel anymore, though in August 2013 it is still shown as such on some websites.
The lobby, bar and restaurant is of good standard and the inclusive breakfast was very good.
For some odd reason the main enterence is chained up and you enetr from a lift in the car park?
The rooms are a good size and clean, but if you want to be picky things like the carpet are a little worn.This is free wi fi in every room (not shown as standard on some websites)
The location is very good and about a three minute walk to the more pleasant waterfront area of the town.

Room Tip: Some rooms face into the city and others towards the sea (Though I havent actually seen if you can s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Essexlol-007
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Located at daeng tompo road... You can walk to losari beach about 7minutes...hotel is clean..but the location on small road not in main road...many taxi outside hotel if you want to go anywhere... Breakfast is average.. Room is medium size.. The price is arround 400-500k.. Not bad for this hotel

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Roy W
An Accor traveller
Reviewed 24 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank An Accor traveller
Reviewed 10 June 2013

First thing I encountered a I entered the room is that they provide no hairdryer. It is certainly a pain in the neck since you have to borrow it from the housekeeping and on one condition that the dryer is not borrowed by other occupant.
Now, I'm staying n non smoking floor but it smells ashtray as soon as I walked in the room. Well maybe thats just my nose, though.
Air cond takes a long while before it cools the room. Makassar is very hot during the day so it will be great to have it working the other way around. If you put it on maximum fan speed, you're gonna hear a loud buzzing sound.
My room was on the odd number side of the building and at night youre gonna hear dogs barking from houses in the neighborhood. They said they have hotel security guard to hush the dogs everytime they start to bark. Nonsense. They either need to rebuild this hotel with noise proof wall or get rid of the dogs.
I ask to relocate. They relocated me to the other side of the building. Barking noise is gone now. Soon as I thought I could rest for the night, I found: greyish brushed stain on the yellowing sheet, sticky sugar spill on the night stand AND the desk, and no nightstand lamp. This room also has no mini bar mirror (which comes in handy as replacement for vanity).
Asked for housekeeping to come over via front desk, no news till another 30 mins where I went downstairs myself.

Room: old, spacious but tired and gloomy, old school TV with no CNN (!!!), dirty lampshade, no facial tissue on the working desk, rug looking dusty.
Bathroom: old, towels dont look fresh, no hairdryer, no standard Accor amenities.
Wifi: in and out. Works well when it's on though

All in all, except for its great location I dont think I will ever recommend this hotel to anyone. I remember my previous stay was a lot better but it just goes downhill from there. It is a terrible decision to just renovate the deluxe room and leave superior rooms shabby like this. They need to cut down prices if they dont step up their game. I love how other Accor chain around the world manage to fulfill my every need in my every other stay but this one just a major failure and I am actually upset. One customer is waving goodbye.

I'm writing as I stay. Rant over.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business