“Avoid at all costs! Absolutely terrible!”
Review of Losari Beach Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Losari Beach Inn
Ranked #68 of 99 Hotels in Makassar
Kalimantan Timur
“Avoid at all costs! Absolutely terrible!”
Reviewed 28 October 2010

For the price, this was our worst hotel on our two week trip in Indonesia.

This hotel was the cheapest option online in Makassar, so I booked before I checked out trip advisor. Big mistake. I paid Rp100,000 more for the 'ocean room' - I had expected a balcony or at least the opportunity to appreciate the ocean, but no. A small pushout window was all that was offered. What a miserable waste of money. For breakfast and dinner, you can sit outside the restaurant and enjoy the water across the road for free.

The whole hotel feels like it is from the 70s with the tiniest elevator and the decor can only be described as an animal fetish. There were deers painted on the wall in my room, fish paintings on the stairwell leading down to reception and numerous other animal themes that I have forced myself to forget.

I booked here as I wanted to avoid the Horizon Makassar after our below-average stay in May, but for the same price, I now recommend Horizon.

DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank BorneanAdventure

Families
  • Indonesian first
Bali&Austria
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We were booked at Losari Beach Inn SUPERIOR SUITE. But the elevator to the 5th floor did not work, my friends immed. checked out to another hotel. We believed the promise that it will work soon. Next day, not worked. Were moved and "upgraded" to the Losari Beach HOTEL around the corner, promised that we also get a rate deduction for the inconveniences. There the shower did not work, so the TV. The AC sprayed water and little bits of ice all over our bed. The very rude receptionist (Miss Fika) just had a stupid smile for our complaints. When checked out - NO price reduction

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends