Hotel Santika Makassar
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$31
  • Breakfast included
US$45
US$32
US$23
Pesonna Hotel Makassar(Makassar)(Great Value!)
US$23
Priceline
US$57
US$50
Agoda.com
All reviewsbusiness triplosari beachspa facilitieswelcome drinkconnecting doortraditional menubreakfast experiencelong stayjacuzzi and saunaminutes walking distancelocal dishesstayed here for two nightsdeluxe roommineral waterkeep up the good worklittle bitsomba opu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Staff is courteous.
Location is okay, quite good.
Room size is average, bed is clean.
However, I'm not so happy with the toilet. It's bath tub not so clean, have stain mark and the water chocked.
Breakfast was not bad.
Overall average.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 23 November 2013

If so inclined you will have to request the non-smoking floor. These are very nice, modern, clean, comfortable rooms. Hairdryer has to come from reception. Breakfast is amazingly good, best we had on this 3-week trip.

Room Tip: request Non smoking, unless you are on a health destruction course.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

First of all, I came to Makassar for a mission. As I have a five month old breastfeeding baby, I brought her along as well as her caretaker which is her father. This was not the hotel where I usually go for a mission to Makassar. However, this was the only one that could provide baby cot. Another hotel where I usually go (which is a four stars one) could not provide and suggested me to buy one in Makassar. Santika also did not ask for extra money if I bring my partner along to stay in the same room.

The hotel is walking distance to the 'beach' called Pantai Losari. However, like in any other cities in Indonesia, there was no sidewalk. So, it is true that it is walking distance, but it was not pedestrian friendly let alone baby stroller friendly. Please note that the 'beach' is not really 'beach' with sand and you can play with your dog. It's completely concrete and dirty. Note that it was not really walkable.

However, the hotel is close to some nice famous seafood restaurants such as Istana Laut, Lae-Lae, and some others.

The hotel does not have swimming pool, which made my husband and baby a bit bored waiting for me all day. The SPA was under renovation. The restaurant mixes smoking area and non-smoking area. What's the point of having non-smoking area then? The food was good, however the selections is very limited. On day 3, we could not eat there anymore as we have tried most of the food.

They have cafe in the lobby. One afternoon I ordered two espresso, which in the menu it cost 35K IDR. The waitress told me that it was including some snacks. I knew that something strange would happened. It turned out that they charge me for 'High tea' for 50K each. I mean, 30K IDR is nothing, but the waitress should have explained instead of putting hidden charge.

The staffs are very friendly, but that's common for every hotel in Indonesia. Nothing special about it. However I should appreciate the door men that were super helpful.

It cost IDR 125 flat from airport to this hotel. However from hotel to the airport I insisted to the dodgy driver that I want to put meter on. It cost me IDR 100K including toll.

Overall the hotel is average, but it has good location which is close to the beach and famous seafood restaurants.

Room Tip: I stayed in 703,non smoking floor, the view is not really entertaining.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We spent one night on Santika Makassar on our way back from Toraja Land. It is one of the newest hotels in the city, and I loved it's cool lobby with designed forniture. Plus, there was a musician on the lobby that played a wonderful music on our arrival. We were also suprised with the good level of english of the staff at the fronk desk. Rooms are conformtable, but bathrooms are a little bit small. Fort Rotterdamm is only ten minutes walk. Breakfast was great and we recommend the fish restaurant located in front on the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Some front desk clerk weren't too professional but the overall service was quite fine and friendly. Breakfast wasn't as good as expected, wifi speed below average for business emails correspondence (attachments) but good enough for casual text chat.
Strict no smoking policy for non-smoking floors.

Room was quite nice but you need to ask for the hair dryer, which is not warm enough for quick hair drying. Bathroom was small and nice, but the bathtub wasn't too clean.

Location was quite fine, Circle K located on the left side of the hotel wtih 2 minutes walking distance for those needing some refreshments or snacks in the midnight.

Overall a nice staying experience.

Stayed: October 2013