“A disappointment”
Review of Hotel Lestari

Hotel Lestari
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Makassar
Hotel Lestari
Ranked #88 of 99 Hotels in Makassar
Ternat, Belgium
“A disappointment”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night only and was very disappointed with the room and the service.
-Only the most expensive rooms in this hotel have windows
-Rooms have not been insulated well and are very noisy
-Breakfast was very poor: I couldn't get milk for my coffee...
- the staff spoke extremely limited English & answered "Not in this area" on my questions regarding internet cafés, a certain travel agency, restaurants, a becak & milk for my coffee
- When I woke up in the middle of the night I saw 2 cockraoches crawling around.
-It was very warm but I had to turn off the A/C as it was very loud AND brought food and cigarette smells into my room

Room Tip: Don't bother with Lestari & just go to another hotel...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The room looked clean, it was large, had a fridge, hot water, AC...and all for 200,000 rupiah per night. I was happy. And then I woke up in the middle of the night to see roach-like bugs in the bed. The next morning, I had several bedbug bites on my ankles. Unfortunate...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Makassar hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2012

most of the rooms don't have windows but the executive rooms do. they cost 300,000 and are impeccably clean with nice wrought iron windows, television, ensuite and a minibar. I stayed here alone but it would be good for two people. the management were friendly. the area was quite dodgy though with lots of brothels and prostitutes but it was also quite central. I would only get one of the window rooms if I stayed there again though.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Denver, CO
Reviewed 7 July 2011

It's too bad such a nice group of young people work here, because this place is clearly run by an absent, dishonest person or people. When I arrived my reservation had been "lost" even though I had the rate and name if the employee who booked it. The man at the desk first lied and told me they had no rooms; then talked to someone in Bahasa Indonesia about them actually not having the room that was the rate I was quoted, but they did have a more expensive room (of course) I asked if they ANY rooms and he said "no." It was late, I have a bum foot, so moving was not an option. I ended up paying 100,000 extra for a deluxe room which, frankly, is no better (maybe worse) than the standard room.

When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told that he would be in in the morning. No surprise - no manager.

Hotel Lestari is loud, dirty, and run by dishonest folks. If it wasn't for the nice young people who work here, I would have been long gone.

I don't know how this dump ended up in Lonely Planet.

• Stayed July 2011