Aston Makassar Hotel & Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poollosari beachsauna roombusiness tripnice hotelindonesian foodfort rotterdambreakfast buffettop floorjunior suitethe hotel staffrooms are spaciousgreat poolcomfy bednice roomwalking distancewifi connection
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed 4 nights in Aston Hotel in April and the hotel is really very pleasant in most aspects.

Our room (deluxe room) was spacious and very clean, not worn at all. Large comfortable bed, fantastic bathroom and a good and quiet AC.

The restaurant was ok, but not more.
The pool on the 15th floor is really perfect after a long day out and the view from there is impressive.

The service was overall excellent, extremely friendly and helpful and most spoke English quite well.

Location is good, only a few minutes Walt to the harbor and Losari Beach.

Overall we can really recommend Aston, which was a great experience and very good value since it's also not costly rooms.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was informed that this hotel is the Premier Hotel in Makassar but was disappointed. It was opened about two years ago and it looks old and tired. The design is very old fashion as well.

Lobby is stark and drape. I thought I was back in the 60s. Service was great and I am happy that it is a non smoking hotel. Be warned, you are required to sign a form claiming that you understood if you are caught smoking in the room, a fine will be imposed! and they are serious about it - well done Aston!

Room was large and spacious but a bit of dead space as though something or a piece of furniture is missing. Love the bathroom though. The swim pool is lovely overlooking the city but maintenance of the pool is bad. Love the all see through glass sauna.

Breakfast is terrible. Just simply not what I expect of an Aston.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the city skyline
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel for around 2 weeks, while i was assigned by my HQ to Makassar branch on October 2013. So far, this is one of the best hotel in Makassar with 4 star category.

The hotel its self is relatively new - so the room, building and interior is in good conditions. The Staff is gentle and some of them event remember the guest's name ... very comfortable.

The uniqueness about this hotel is the sky pool with city view in top floor, which offers amazing city view when you swim. I strongly recommend you do this activity after 7.00pm thus you wil have great view of Makassar.

The breakfast in good enough, but should be provide more in the various menus - especially for my or other guest who take long stay in hotel. Since within 1 week I already able to predict what s the menu for tomorrow :)

Will I recommend this hotel for others? Sure, as long as the hotel management try to increase the suggestion of the hotel guest :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Liedanran, Director of Sales at Aston Makassar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Value Guest,

Warmest greeting from Aston Makassar Hotel & Convention Center.....

First of all, thank you very much to choice Aston Makassar as your preferred hotel. And also thank you very much for your good compliment to our facilities and service. We apologize for any unpleasant with our service especially our breakfast. However, we will improve our of choices in the breakfast and service to make our guest happy. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me through my email dosm@astonmakassar.com.

Thank you for your kind attention and cooperation.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

me and my family stay at this hotel. nice room (junior suite), lovely set up, good staff, beautiful pool specially when sunset, free wifi which is very well, nice taste of food and traditional cake. all the best in-house taxi driver, sam, wawan, joko, suwandi, they are great. i order special flower bouquet for my wife via butter and it's so nice. this is the way you should enjoy makassar. nice hotel wouldn't makes you regret on your trip. me, personally, really satisfied with this hotel. at last, my biggest thanks to the lounge. awesome view, best service and nice drink. see you soon, aston makassar.

Room Tip: if you came with your family (not for business plan) i suggest to pick junior suite. if you're on business plan i suggest you executive suite. cause junior suite has a bigger room without partition. i love the junior suite as well.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Liedanran, Director of Sales at Aston Makassar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Arentz,

Warmest greeting from Aston Makassar Hotel & Convention Center....

First of all, thank you very much for choose Aston Makassar Hotel & Convention Center as your preferred hotel. On behalf of management Aston Makassar, we would like to say thank you for your compliment toward Aston Makassar. Your comment we are appreciate. We will keep up give the best service to all our clients. We will give good compliment to our driver as your mentioned.
However, should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me through email dosm@astonmakassar.com.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We'll be looking for Aston Hotels wherever we go in Indonesia outside of Jakarta from now on. Although not to be compared with high-end places in Jakarta, for regional city and at the price this was ideal: new, modern stylish, professionally designed and facility layout, with top notch staff. Has everything -- restaurant, lounge bar with music, pool, sauna, gym, massage. A pleasure to come across this quality hotel in gritty Makassar. Also, it is near to supermarket, restaurant, coffeeshop. Rooms comfort standard excellent and modern design. Very little street noise came through the window. Wish we had gone to the Aston in Manado too, instead of the wretched Sintesa Peninsula.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paubranco
Liedanran, Director of Sales at Aston Makassar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Paubranco,

Warmest greeting from Aston Makassar....

Thank you very much for your trusted toward Aston Makassar and others Aston in Indonesia. We still have some project to expanded our brand especially in east Indonesian. In Makassar it self, we will add 4 hotels more nearly in this year. So, we hope that in the future you will always with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.

Once again, thank you very much for your attention and cooperation.