“good position”
Review of Aryaduta Makassar

Aryaduta Makassar
Ranked #12 of 103 Hotels in Makassar
Reviewed 21 August 2014

you have nothing to do in Makassar ! I have stay only two nights here only because I landed here, Good position,especially if you have sea view,but quite tired,need a refurbishment...and fast ! Nice and friendly stuff,like all over in Indonesia !
Not very far from the mall (Megamall?...or something like this...)-good place for eat (2 god restaurants-Djuku-one of them,specialized in fish) and spending time (no more then 3-4 hours)

Room Tip: wifi-not so good signal even in the lobby... nice sea view...ask for a room with sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
AryadutaMks, General Manager at Aryaduta Makassar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear adi6709,

Thank you very much for your review about Hotel Aryaduta Makassar! It was a pleasure having you at the hotel. As you mention, the hotel is in a great, strategic location close to various malls and offers a great view of the sea.
At the moment we are installing new access points for WIFI access to ensure we offer a good signal in the whole hotel. We continuously try to improve our service to ensure that you as a guest have the best experience possible.
Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you for your next visit to Makassar!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Was spoiled for choice when I was looking for hotels in Makassar prior to my trip to South Sulawesi.

I finally decided to book my last 2 nights in Sulawesi @ Aryaduta after a long walking trip in Tana Toraja.

I've stayed in Aryaduta Medan couple of years ago and the experience was memorable due to it's great hospitality. Had the same expectation since it's the same hotel chain in Makassar.

True enough, I was right. The staff were friendly and helpful. Great service!

Really enjoyed the Ramadhan Break Fast Buffet which consist of wide selection of delicious cuisine at a very reasonable price.

Really enjoyed my stay in Aryaduta Makassar and definitely would recommend this hotel to my family & friends who will visit Makassar.

Thank you Aryaduta and team for making my stay a pleasant one!

Keep it up!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
AryadutaMks, General Manager at Aryaduta Makassar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Eddie M,

Thank you very much for your great review on Tripadvisor about Hotel Aryaduta Makassar! It gives me great pleasure that you enjoyed our hospitality and service so much!

We are dedicated to delivering excellent value and great service. Therefore we look forward to welcoming you at the hotel for your next visit to Makassar!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Aryaduta has always been my pick when I visit Makassar due to its strategic location, good access to the freeway to the airport and its service. Having been staying many times in this hotel, my last stay I tried the Executive Club Floor on the 10th floor. Its good if you plan to have series of meeting as you can have more privacy in the club room but the last service was at 9pm, although it opens until 11pm. The hotel also offered me a breakfast-to-go, i.e. some pastries, when I checked out early at dawn to catch my flight to Luwuk.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floor and ask for a view to the Losari beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
AryadutaMks, General Manager at Aryaduta Makassar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear EquatorGlobetrotter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Hotel Aryaduta Makassar on Tripadvisor! It gives me great pleasure to learn about your positive experiences at the hotel, especially the Executive Club Rooms and Lounge. The Lounge is perfect indeed for small meetings as it offers lots of privacy.
The convenience of our breakfast to go is especially designed for the early departing guests, to enable them to have a bite to eat. I am very happy that you have enjoyed the convenience of the service as well!

Once again many thanks for the review, and we look forward to welcoming you for your next stay at the hotel!

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This is my second time stay. Same as last time, I like the location, especially on the Sunday morning there's a lot activities in front of the seafront square. There's a few complaints thou. The food of at club lounge was not keeping the standard as my last visit, the cold items were dry. The first night there's no white wine available and the 2nd night only Balinese white wine were served at the cocktail hours. When I requested other white wines than Balinese wine, the staff asked me do you want 1 glass? The other thing is I was put into a smoking room while requested a non smoking room. I think I may want to try other hotels next time just to compare my options, though I still feel the location with the view is definitely a plus to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
AryadutaMks, General Manager at Aryaduta Makassar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear M C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor regarding Hotel Aryaduta Makassar. I am very happy to read that you love the hotel's location, especially the market in front of the hotel on Sundays.

Regarding your comments about the quality of the food in the executive lounge, I have discussed the issues with the executive Chef, to ensure we offer the best quality snacks during the cocktail hours. During the cocktail hours we offer white wine complimentary. The wines that we serve are all produced in Bali, though there are different grapes used to produce them. I personally would recommend the Chardonnay wine. I have discussed the matters with staff in order to ensure we offer the correct wines at all times.

Lastly regarding the smoking room, we have a limited availability of non smoking rooms, especially in the Club Rooms, however, if you would be so kind to forward me an email the next time you visit Makassar, I will ensure that you get the room you requested. Please send the email to gm-mks@aryaduta.com

Thank you once again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you the next time you visit Makassar!

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a great setting being part of a waterfront development. Great location, great amenities, very comfortable rooms, very clean, good food (I LOVE the Coto Makassar served here!) For those carrying more brass, this is the perfect place for you.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
AryadutaMks, General Manager at Aryaduta Makassar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Pranada,

Many thanks for your review about Hotel Aryaduta Makassar! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and you loved the local speciality, coto Makassar!

We look forward to welcoming you again at the hotel!

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel is located exactly in front of Losari Beach, so for those who wanted to spend evening at the beach it will be the good location. Also there are plenty of good restaurant surrounding the area.

Room Tip: Choose sea view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Senjamerah,

Thank you for your review about the hotel. As you mention, the hotel is ideally situated at the waterfront of Makassar, Losari. Furthermore due to the location, there are many great restaurants to be explored in the surrounding area.

Thank you once again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you again at the hotel!

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a best view rooms (sea view), but the building was old and need renovation example room facilities. At night hot water for bathup not maximum hot, just "so..so". You can use all facilities in the hotel like pool, spa and fitness

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Parlindungan M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.com about Hotel Aryaduta Makassar! As you point out we have absolutely the rooms with the best view! Especially during sunset the view is spectacular from the hotel. Regarding the other point you have mentioned, we have investigated the situation and have resolved the hot water problem.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your visit next time to Makassar!