“Strategic Budget Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Denpasar, Indonesia
“Strategic Budget Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here for 5D/4N
(+) Located in the middle of city, close to everywhere
(+) Comfy bed and pillow
(+) Near with all fast food resto like KFC and Pizza Hut
(+) Rate was affordable, be sure to booked in their website coz some booking online only accommodate for room, you must pay extra for Air Con, TV, etc
(-) House Keeping didn't change the sheet every day
(-) No phone in the room, so it's not convenient if you need something

Overall, it was nice stay and make sure don't bring a lot of your stuff here since the room really small compare than other budget hotel. No comment for food coz you can find Kopitiam Oey in Bali, why eat in the hotel if you can explore lot of delicious food in Makassar :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TuneHotelMakassar, Manager at Red Planet Makassar, responded to this review, 17 November 2014
We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we notice your comment about bed sheet changed didn't meet your expectation.
I would like to say that it was a pleasure to serve you at Tune Hotel Makassar and we hope to see you again soon where you can witness the improvements we have made.

Warm Regards,
Inda - Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

As other reviewer has said, this hotel is simple budget hotel costing about $20. For that price, I think I got what I deserved. Yes, there is no breakfast but you can order one at Oey Kopitiam, one of the franchise that I love.
The location is superb. There are KFC, Pizza Hut, dan Ratu Indah Mall nearby. If you need to go to Losari you could take Taxi for a cheap price.
The wifi is blazingly fast. The only downside is that we have to pay of we want to check in early or check out late. Oh, and there was no phone in the room

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
TuneHotelMakassar, Manager at Red Planet Makassar, responded to this review, 14 November 2014
We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Makassar.

We were delighted to read that you enjoy your stay in our hotel. And your invaluable comments are very important to us.

We would like to say that it was a pleasure to serve you at Tune Hotel Makassar and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,
Bandung, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is my first time staying at Tune Hotel and I am sadly not impressed. The good things with this hotel is location, its new and clean and its affordable.

Though, the room is really tiny even by comparing to other budget hotels with modern simple design. If I had a full size suitcase I think I would have to open it up in the hallway of the hotel.
But the thing that really ticked me off was the breakfast. I like my warm hotel breakfast that you usually get, though here despite the food being kept in heating trays, these were not turned on so the fried rice, the fried noodles were all served cold. There was no drink options for juice, even the cheap tasting juice you get at other affordable hotels was not here. In addition, I love my self a freshly made omelette that you can get in these other budget hotels. Not in Tune.

However, I would recommend Fave hotel above Tune Hotel or even better Neo Hotel that is my new favorite budget hotel in Indonesia. Neo don't have a location yet in Makassar but I believe one will open this year. If your super strapped for cash, sure go for Tune.. but if you got a few dollars extra go for something better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Suexmex
TuneHotelMakassar, Manager at Red Planet Makassar, responded to this review, 12 November 2014
Dear Suexmex,
We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. I truly regret that you consider our room to be too small and we note your dissatisfaction with our service and facilities in breakfast. We have been improve recently our breakfast quality service with additional menu and choices in buffet to keep our quality standard.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Best Regards,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Pillows were horribly smelly. (used used used pillow kind of smell, mind the repetition). Had 2 pillows, changed, only to find similar ones with deodorizer sprayed on them with hope that the smell can pass undetected. -FAIL-

1 of 2 elevators under repair. Took a while to go in/out hotel.

Considering this is a two months old hotel, it was disappointing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
6 Thank Dominggus L
TuneHotelMakassar, General Manager at Red Planet Makassar, responded to this review, 12 November 2014
May I begin by thanking you for your review on Trip Advisor.
It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain the quality of our service.

Please accept my humble apologies for the inconvenient caused of repaired elevator during your stay in our hotel. Our maintenance staff has attended to the problem regarding the elevator.

I have introduced measures to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Tune Hotel Makassar.

Kind Regards,