“Nice view while enjoying my food”

Wisata Bahari Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 249 Restaurants in Manado
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This restaurant is located by the sea. Typical Manado restaurant they mostly sell sea food. Many Indonesian artists and High Dignitaries have been visiting this restaurant. Very good for relax while enjoying the sunset or just the view of Sulawesi Sea.

There are newer reviews for Wisata Bahari Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I have often looked at Wisata Bahari and thought that I should eat there, but no local has ever recommended it to me. However, one Friday night the traffic was too bad to get to City Extra (my favourite in Manado) in a reasonable time and this came recommended by the taxi driver.
From the Boulevard and the outside Wisata Bahari looks wonderful, jutting out into the Celebes Sea. The interior is nice, but not as well finished as you might imagine (certainly the toilets are no better than many cheaper restaurants) and the whole place is showing signs of wear and tear. Nevertheless, I would count the location and ambience as a definite plus. Maybe not quite as romantic as the taxi driver had suggested, but still very nice.
The staff were all very friendly and the service good. I think I spoke in Bahasa, so I cannot comment on their English skills. However, there were a group of Australian business people nearby that didn't appear to be experiencing any problems (in fact, they must have been some of the few westerners in town that night). There was a band and singer on (as always in Manado) and the inoffensive jazz, quickly turned to those rather sad Minahasan favourites; great if you've not heard them before, but reminds me too much of Sunday Schools (something you get use to in Christian Indonesia).
On to the food, well more than acceptable, but not up to City Extras standards, nor possibly to nearby Oikano. I had a fish soup which was that Chinese stuff rich in corn flour and barely cooked vegetables, but somewhat bland. The Ikar Bakar Rica Rica was mild compared to what I am use to and like, but for an introduction to this Manado classic, not bad. The Bunga Papaya with Kangkung contains some bits not cooked well enough, but that's fairly minor.
The prices weren't high, but higher than the less appealing neighbouring restaurants and probably considered high for Manado. For those coming from Jakarta or the west no-one could complain about the prices.
I really wanted to rate Wisata Bahari at 3.5 stars, but I asked myself would I return and the answer is probably not, hence the 3 rather than 4 stars. However, I am sure that like me you will look at Wisata Bahari and say I must give it a try and I doubt if you will be disappointed, but equally not thrilled.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

great view of manado beach from here,,the manado tua island and the fishermens activities, etc...the price are affordable and give a good value in return..

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Great location, average food. Price is acceptable but higher than local standard. The decoration is quite old and the metal tables and chairs certainly give the restaurant a cold look. Had quite a few varieties of dish there from chicken to seafood, and nothing really stuck out. Don't try the Klapper-taart in Wisata Bahari, it just doesn't do justice to that marvelous dessert.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

The food is average, and the place is so windy, you can not eat in peace. The taste is average tend to poor. Even for Indonesianese, it is not delicious enough.