“a hotel in center of city which worth every cent you spend”

Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Manado
Jakarta, Indonesia
“a hotel in center of city which worth every cent you spend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Although this hotel is not as big and elegant as the other swiss-belhotel in indonesia the service are as excellent and the rooms are clean and spacious. Breakfast menu has always been my bigest concern, this hotel might not have a lot of choices for food and drink but it is sufficient for me and their manado porridge (bubur manado) is to die for! Its location is perfect for business since it is in the centre, but not so good for holidays. The price is also lower than the average of swiss belhotel room rate

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the streets (which also face the sea)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Cinlestari
Elwas, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Ibu Cinlestari,

Warmest Hospitality Greetings from Manado....

On behalf of my Swiss-belhotel Manado team, I would like to sincerely extend our gratitude to have you stay in our hotel during your trip to Manado. We were very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do thank you to have shared your experience in TripAdvisor.
It is our commitment to make your stay with us memorable and enjoyable.

Once again,thank you and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in our property.

Elwas Suwarno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

We stayed for nearly a month in this hotel due to work for a big scale international event. Just because the high demand in Manado most hotel became so arrogant. This hotel was expensive compare to other hotels around there and yes I've tried many in this city. The furniture was old and dusty, and its hard to just communicate with the staff. The only food was ok. The internet was practically unusable. The spa has very good value for couple, but its located near the gym with late night house music, so its hard to relax.
Personally I would not stay at this hotel anymore.

Room Tip: just look for other hotel in this city
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank MNova
Elwas, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Ms. MNOVA

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor and I do apologize for your inconvenience during your stay with us. I found your feedback is very useful to improve our products. On March 2011, there was an International event,ARF DIREX took place in Manado when most of hotels were fully booked during the ARF DIREX from 7-15 March 2011. For Corporate customers, we have provided corporate rate which is quite reasonable. On December 2011, we have new furniture for our lobby and lounge and will continue to replace the Swiss-cafe furniture. For internet access, as of August 2011, we provide free internet access in all rooms and public area with 4 Mbps which is quite fast.
I hope that you give me a chance to welcome you back in our hotel when I will be pleased to meet you personally. This in my cellular number 081328833100 and I do expect to have your call due to I could not trace you in our PMS.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to my property.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

The hotel is located downtown Manado, within walking distance of the Museum of the Province of North Sulawesi (Museum Negeri Propinsi Sulawesi Utara). It is a 4-star hotel up to western standards. The personnel were very helpful. We had a prepaid, non-alterable reservation by internet but arrived a day early. The manager on duty was able to resolve this problem, despite the fact we arrived at 9 pm only. After the experiences with various hotels and inns during our 19 day trip from Makassar to Manado it was a real treat to stay at this nice hotel! We were too tired to go to the restaurant for dinner. Instead, we bought two pieces of chocolate cake at their café that looked expensive (and they were!), but they were excellent. Breakfast was buffet style, sumptuous and excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Walter1945
Thamrin A, IT & E-commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Walter1945,

Warmest Greetings from Manado...

On behalf of Manado team, i would like to extend our gratitude to have you stayed in our property. we are very excited to hear that you satisfied with our product and service,and thank you for highlighting it.

we wish that you would share your good experience with your colleagues. we looking forward to welcoming you back in Manado. Have a great day.

Best Regards,
Thamrin Ase
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

First time at this hotel so didn't know what to expect. Set back far from ocean so did not expect ocean view and did not have one. Room was clean and comfortable but bed a bit soft for me. Overall a nice place to stay.

Downsides: food is boring. For a town known for good spicy food the hotel seemed to develop their menu someplace else. Breakfast was boring and coffee horrible. I tried to order espresso from cafe in lobby to make up for the bad coffee at breakfast. No luck, machine broken.

All in all, not a bad place to stay. Clean and comfortable but expect to be bored of food within 1 meal, and bring your own coffee!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank stevenbkk
Dear Mr. Steven

Thank you to have shared your review on TripAdvisor during your stay at our hotel and we found it very useful to improve our products.I do apologize for the bad coffee and my chef has replace it with other beans. I have also replaced the coffee machine in the lobby lounge with a new one as well as we have set up some new sofas in the lounge where you can now enjoy the coffee or wine conveniently. We have also karaoke rooms and bar presenting live music every night and it is indeed a good place to have some beer or enjoying the music.

Thank you for your attention and I look forward to welcoming you back at our property.

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

I was staying in this hotel during my family annual homeland visit in August. The hotel is strategically located, in a centre of the town but you can expect less possibility to experience the usual traffic chaos in a typical Indonesian town. Staff are amazing, well trained and very sincere. Ready to assist you with a genuine smile. Room is huge and spacious, well equipped for a 4 stars hotel. Although beware of several room which has no view at all and the window is blocked by the wall of the hotel extension. The only drawback for me. Price is amazingly reasonable for such high quality hotel. In overall, highly recommended and would certainly stay again in this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the room near to the extension of the new wing
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DAZJakarta
Dear Sirs

I am very delighted to have your review on TripAdvisor and on behalf of my team,I would like to sincerely thank you to have stayed in our property during your trip to Manado. Your good experience during your stay with us is our team members' expectation and we do hope that you will share it to your colleagues willing to have a trip to Manado.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Manado. Have a great day

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Swiss-Belhotel is part of a new corridor of modern hotels built on Sudirman Street right on the edge of downtown Manado (and easily accessible to anyplace you want). The service is friendly, bending over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. The pool is very small, so don't expect a resort-sized one. There is a small pastry shop, a bar, and a good-sized restaurant which serves a nice regional Asian buffet for lunch A la carte features good Indonesian/Asian dishes, including local cuisine, but there are good Western choices, too.
I would also recommend the Noodle Cafe which is just a block away. It is located on the 2nd floor of the Fiesta mini-market. Very cheap, but good food...and clean.
There is room for smaller conventions at Swiss BelHotel. I would rate this a higher 3 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Elwas, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Dear Mr. Taliabo
Warmest Greetings from Swiss-belhotel Manado...

On behalf of my team,I'd like to express our sincere gratitude to you to have stayed in our hotel and to share your good experience while you were in Manado.
It is indeed our commitment to always provide our best products and services to our valued customers. I do hope that you will come back to stay in our property when you are in Manado next time.
Thank you for your attention and have a great weekend.

Very Warm Regards
Elwas Soewarno
Perth WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

We used this hotel just for a night coming from Lembeh and prior to an early morning flight departure. We basically didnt step foot outside for teh 18 hours because it had everything we needed. Snack at the cafe for lunch, great massage and body scrub that was also extremely well priced at the Spa, room serivce (also very cheap and very quick) and an evening meal-The duck special was fantastic. We had to leave at 5am and they arranged for a breakfast on the go. This place is great value and so clean and modern.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Elwas, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, 19 June 2011
Dear Miss Riviera

Warmest Greetings from Manado.....
On behalf of my team, I'd like to thank you to have stayed in our property during your trip to Manado. Our Priority is You, so It is indeed a great pleasure of all our teams to find that you are happy with our services.
We do hope that we can welcome you back to our property any time when you are in Manado.

Elwas Soewarno